• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget car insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK they just given me my money back and there £20 short. So I called them, and it turns out it's a cancelation fee for the one day my policy was automatically renewed. A renewal I did not request.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You are all wrong.

When you took out your 1st insurance, the T&C's would state that you agree to an automatic renewal against the CC you used. This is now std practice when you shop by CC and solicitors, CC companies can't do tulip. You agreed to it when you signed the insurance mandate.

That's why the CC company can do sod all about it. And yes, it is an automatic agreement to renew.

You should learn to read the small print.

Comment

I should learn not to use my CC. Cash remember that Scooterscot... ah lovely.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

At some point in the past you have signed a continuous authority credit card withdrawal. This gives less protection than a direct debit and are harder to cancel. You have a direct relationship with the insurance company, and the credit card company should not be involved. With direct debits, the relationship is with the bank.

Comment

Working...
          X