• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laser eye treatment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had it 18 months ago. It's fecking brilliant.

Comment

Don't whatever you do use...

....an outfit that have the letters 'O' & 'E' in their name. I used them to order glasses last year and there were the following mistakes:

1. They swapped over the lenses between frames (IE the tinted lenses were in the wrong frame).
      2. Scratches on the lenses
      3. Frame screws bu99ared up
      4. It took 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks to get even to this mess.
      5. They asked for all the payment up front which I should have refused and paid a deposit I reckon.

Naturally I complained like hell and got my money back (a considerable sum as well). Funny thing is, they still send me offers. Oh and I was given some money off vouchers when I got my money back.

After looking at the high street opticians I tried a mail order place which was about 1/2 the price and has so far proven excellent.

Comment

I used perfectspecs.co.uk for mail order specs - very happy with the price and quality
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

i seem to recall there being contact lenses you could wear at night which reshaped your eyes to correct your vision, your eyesight was perfect during the day, seems a much better alternative than going under the knife

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
            i seem to recall there being contact lenses you could wear at night which reshaped your eyes to correct your vision, your eyesight was perfect during the day, seems a much better alternative than going under the knife
            Or, at night, wear an ovenglove dipped in honey & mint sauce - never fails.

Comment

yes thats right up there with a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, why don't you give that a go and let us know how you get on

Comment

yes thats right up there with a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, why don't you give that a go and let us know how you get on
                Punctuation! I'd have used a full stop, rather than the comma. I'd also have ended the question with a question mark - 20 points deducted, I'm afraid.
                I checked with HR about your suggestion: sadly, the Health & Safety rules forbid my trying it.

Comment

how about the words "you are a twat" ? a bit less conventional than the full stop i know, but given the circumstances old chap

Comment

how about the words "you are a twat" ? a bit less conventional than the full stop i know, but given the circumstances old chap
                    Touchy! And still all at sea, as far as punctuation goes. That includes the space before the question mark... old chap, as well as the lowercase "i". Also, a comma before "i know" would be more conventional, you renegade!

Comment

Please, not a fight over punctuation and spelling.

On second thoughts - we're home! Senseless bickering! Ah, It's good to have CUK up and running again.

Comment

Working...
                      X