• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving BMWs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, assguru's ladies bike is rear wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
      I have an S2000, and a manly early one too. According to some it's impossible to drive one without crashing every few miles.
      The caveat should be "it's impossible to drive like a tit without crashing". Mind you getting the tail out is a joy.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        To be fair, assguru's ladies bike is rear wheel drive.
        I heard that he took the seat off aswell to introduce an element of driving pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
          I heard that he took the seat off aswell to introduce an element of driving pleasure
          Shouldn't that be riding pleasure?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
            I have an S2000, and a manly early one too. According to some it's impossible to drive one without crashing every few miles.
            You cant win, I'm always bemused by Top Gear reviews, when a powerful car has little in the way of stability/traction control it will kill you but if a company spends lots of money and effort making it more predictable they say its a bit dull, the Lambo Gallardo was marked down because of this if I had all that power I would want all the help I could get!
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              That's only because a large majority of the UK population are chavs or drug dealers.
              Could be worse - we could all be driving Gino Ginelli branded ice cream vans.

Comment

There is one question that is coming automatic.

What is the point of having a rear wheel car if you are commanded by a nanny computer that decides what you have to do and automatically adjusts the car behaviour. How can this anyhow improve your driving skills?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Mainstream car manufacturers don't make cars to "improve your driving skills" you fool, they create them as safe, comfortable forms of transport.

If you want to improve your "skills" (i.e. tail out on a hairpin at 110 mph), then buy an Elise/Caterham/Westfield and do it on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
                    And when they do Id rather be in a RWD car than a FWD car. Actually Id rather be in a 4WD car the most
                    4WD is for girls.. RWD all the way... with no traction control, abs, pas etc etc...

*** Opposite lock is your friend. The handbrake is not just for parking with. Learn throttle control. Do NOT leave your foot on the brake ***

It saddens me that this thread has even appeared, suggesting that RWD is somehow dangerous... just learn to drive properly. Driving standards have declined horribly since all the nanny computers and safety aids have come in to play...

Remember air bags were developed for fat americans who wouldn't wear their seatbelts...

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Dont worry about me mate, first thing i do is turn off TC off.

Nothing better than accelerating off a roundabout with the back end out and a bit of opposite lock

Comment

Working...
                      X