• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CenterParcs - advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubster
    Book any kids into the Kids Club, then check into the spa. Sorted.
    Nah, just leave them in the apartment while you go out to eat.
    Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
      whats it like in Jan quiet / busy ?
      Pretty quiet - some pre-school age families, and those who take the kids out of school. It's steady, I guess - some things are booked up, plus there is no water sports in the lake (understandably!), but you can pretty much book activities at the start of the week and as long as you're flexible, get most of them in.

I go up to the one at Whinfell Forest - glorious countryside, peaceful, and a break after the hassle that I get at Christmas. It's cheaper for a Monday to Friday stay than to go Friday to Monday, as no-one really takes time off at that time of the year. You can also book pretty much last minute - maybe a couple of weeks before, and discount codes online work as well.

If I'm not working in January, then I'll take my eldest out of school and head up there again. Mind you, I'm in France for New Year so may not be looking for a break again so soon.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
        whats it like in Jan quiet / busy ?
        Quieter, but because it's cheaper out of season, a bit more chavvy...
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          She's quite pregnant
          I had a "Mums to be" treatment at the Aqua Sana spa in Longleat which I pre-booked at it was heavenly!

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna
            I had a "Mums to be" treatment at the Aqua Sana spa in Longleat which I pre-booked at it was heavenly!
            I guess it depends on how pregnant - some of the World of Spa things are too hot for mums to be.

Mrs F and I had a spa day and then massage for 2 last time we went - divine.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have just returned from a week at the Center Parcs in Les Bois Francs about 100 miles to the west of Paris.

I have been to UK sites in the past as well as the other French site and the main difference to me is the ease at which you can get bookings for activities. For the French sites (with the exception of the kindergarten) it seemed that you could book any activity on the morning that you wanted it.

If you are located in the South East then I would consider one of the French parks over the English ones (cheaper too!) I think there is a new one opening later this month about 120 miles south of Calais.

Les Bois Francs is a 3 hour drive from Calais.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why not just sit in your shed, and go cycling every day? Same experience.

Comment

Definitely book in advance

Definitely book - especially if there's an activity you really fancy doing - they do book up especially during the holidays. When you get there, you can always check how booked up they are and whether or not you can adjust your booking.
                  35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
                  (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

The dutch and french ones are better and cheaper than the UK for some stuff but if you want to use the spa then the UK ones are stacks better.

WA

Comment

What I like about Center Parcs is having a surly waitress keep me waiting for 45 minutes and then serve me a cold tastless burger and chips, with a diet coke for £14.99
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X