• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Premiership predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
    That's not fair - they won something in 1969 (The Fairs Cup, IIRC), so that's important.

And, of course, home to The Best Fans In The World (TM), who are in no way fickle at all. Give it three months and they'll be calling to sack the board, and baying for Fat Sam's blood.

They seem to have bought a defence this summer. Shame they couldn't score in a brothel, though.
    Buying a defence is fine, but getting them to play as a unit is a bit harder.

It won't be long until they fans/press etc... start asking for Shearer to replace Big Sam...

Sam will get them playing and they will be harder to beat, but its a good job there is an upper tier at St James as I think they will be seeing the ball more than most

Comment

Toon

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
      That's not fair - they won something in 1969 (The Fairs Cup, IIRC), so that's important.
      You forgot the Inter Toto cup last year as well!

Shearer has another year left on his coaching badges, but even then I think he likes the comfort of the BBC studio too much! Can't blame him really!

So who's getting relegated? Derby, Sunderland (living in hope), Middlesbrough!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants

Shearer has another year left on his coaching badges, but even then I think he likes the comfort of the BBC studio too much! Can't blame him really!

Relegation... Derby for sure, I can see Wigan going down this year due to the fact that they have lost Jewell.
        The 3rd spot is a tough one, it could be Man City but then again if they gel then I doubt it, so I'm going for Sunderland.
        That should please you barcodes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
          Ahhhhhhhhhh......... I remember the premiership.

Leeds supporter
          Hey you're lot are coming to Hartlepool on boxing day...will remember to hide...

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon
            Hey you're lot are coming to Hartlepool on boxing day...will remember to hide...
            We're not that scary, really...
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              We're not that scary, really...

There are somes teams with scary reputations in that league

Leeds
              Notts Forrest
              Millwall

I don't scare easily though...working in Pennywell at the moment

Comment

Chelsea
                Man Utd
                Liverpool
                Spurs
                Newcastle
                Arsenal

Comment

Originally posted by Colemanisor
                  Chelsea
                  Man Utd
                  Liverpool
                  Spurs
                  Newcastle
                  Arsenal
                  Really don't fancy Spurs to do well....too many inconsisent bling boys....not enough grafters....

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants

Sorry - I was only quoting meaningful silverware.

I recall Fat Freddy Shepherd saying about Michael Owen joining (ha ha ha):
                    "Alan reminded Michael he had this same decision a decade ago when he left Blackburn and could have gone to Manchester United. He chose Newcastle and look what it's done for him"

Presumably, he was referring to his massively reduced insurance premiums on his trophy cabinet?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon
                      There are somes teams with scary reputations in that league

Leeds
                      Notts Forrest
                      Millwall

I don't scare easily though...working in Pennywell at the moment
                      Don't forget Burnley as well
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X