• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Out the window

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mustang
    Did you do anything about it such as leave a note on the windscreen of the other cars? An anonymous note with the reg of the BMW would have helped....

I did as a matter of fact. I asked the offending bad driver to leave her details and pretended to photograph her with my phone.

As far as I could see she did leave her details.

I'm a bit mad about damage to cars at the moment as my own was jumped on by some 'north african' at the weekend. Still waiting to find out the cost of getting it fixed.

Comment

Why almost......?!!
      Didn't want to get blood on my studs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        I'm a bit mad about damage to cars at the moment as my own was jumped on by some 'north african' at the weekend.
        My god - where on earth do you live?!!

Well done on "doing your bit" regarding the BMW!!

Comment

Don't people realise having a BMW or Merc comes with ownership of the highways?

If you have a Merc it also entitles you to hold traffic up like a tractor does, the longer the queue the more kudos.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

My god - where on earth do you live?!!

Well done on "doing your bit" regarding the BMW!!
            I live in London on the weekends, and another place during the week.

Comment

Update on car damage.

Constable Plod has investigated and says the CCTV has a good picture of the immigrant damaging another car in our street. He is going to get a still made of it and put it in the newspapers.

I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

I'm not holding my breath.
                Don't worry - if they do catch him, he'll be punished severely with a slap on the wrist and a £5 fine. Don't let anyone tell you that the British police aren't interested in stamping out low level criminal damage and vandalism.

Comment

"Don't people realise having a BMW or Merc comes with ownership of the highways?

If you have a Merc it also entitles you to hold traffic up like a tractor does, the longer the queue the more kudos."

I've looked on the Merc site and seen that they do not offer indicators as one of the available options. Surely they should review this judging by the fact that none of the feckers ever actually use them and expect everybody to know where they are heading.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

He is going to get a still made of it and put it in the newspapers.
                    More publicity - is the individual recruiting.....?!

Comment

Working...
                    X