• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How agencies work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Ican hit the ground running from day one (maybe with some training thrown in)
    What's the training baseline for an agent?

1) Verbal abuse techniques

2) Advance lieing skills

3) Best blood sucking strategies without killing your prey

4) Basic math (only subtraction of contractor rates and addition of agent margins)

5) Random allocation skills (i.e. how to put everybody everywhere even though a complete mismatch)
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Next week, Dodgy explains how to sell double glazing door-to-door.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        What's the training baseline for an agent?

1) Verbal abuse techniques

2) Advance lieing skills

3) Best blood sucking strategies without killing your prey

4) Basic math (only subtraction of contractor rates and addition of agent margins)
        Most dont need that sort of training, they tend to have the innate talent and pick it all up as they go along
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Poor Dodgy...he gets a lot of flak for being our 'inside man'. It's like the Magic Circle...if other agents found out he was on here, he would have his tongue cut out...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            Next week, Dodgy explains how to sell double glazing door-to-door.
            It is the same. It is called "foot in the door selling". The good ones get their head in the door because when it gets slammed shut they can still speak.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              Poor Dodgy...he gets a lot of flak for being our 'inside man'. It's like the Magic Circle...if other agents found out he was on here, he would have his tongue cut out...
              It helps to have a thick skin, and funnily enough I have made some very good contacts here and obtained some business as a result.

Comment

It helps to have a thick skin, and funnily enough I have made some very good contacts here and obtained some business as a result.
                .. but that's enough about the White Slave Trade.

Comment

So Dodgy is known as Rhino - thick skinned and charges a lot

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars
                    So Dodgy is known as Rhino - thick skinned and charges a lot

Comment

Here's a question for you Dodgy :-

With most contractors' CV's on Jobserve or Jobsite etc, openly available for searching by agencies, why do many of them insist on taking a local copy which is by definition going to become quickly out of date compared to the contractor-maintained Jobserve/Jobsite version ?

Every week I get e-mail's from EB's asking me to apply for roles and/or update my CV on their database. Of course I can't be bothered to update each agency's database when I can just update the one on Jobsite and the other one on Jobserve.
                      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                      X