• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Recruitment company for sale...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    10 contractors. It is not worth 200p. My guess is that the owner has financial problems. Having said that a big agency will not be interested
    Why no interest? £280K is just a starting price, surely? Wouldn't a big agency want to get its mitts on 10 earners for less?

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
      Why no interest? £280K is just a starting price, surely? Wouldn't a big agency want to get its mitts on 10 earners for less?
      Big agents are more interested in adding to their size. £1 million on turnover makes it more trouble than it is worth.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Big agents are more interested in adding to their size. £1 million on turnover makes it more trouble than it is worth.
        I just don't get it!

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
          I just don't get it!
          Because all the due diligence and crap involved in buying a small company for a small proportional increase makes it hardly worthwhile. If it is niche or brings in new clients then maybe. In terms of adding to profits simply buying it for 10 contractors who may be due to finish next week does not make it worthwhile.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Because all the due diligence and crap involved in buying a small company for a small proportional increase makes it hardly worthwhile. If it is niche or brings in new clients then maybe. In terms of adding to profits simply buying it for 10 contractors who may be due to finish next week does not make it worthwhile.
            Thanks! Now I know!

Comment

Working...
            X