• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A typical CUK semi-witty common reply

I was expecting a semi-witty CUK reply on these lines:

"The market was good this morning. I have bought some fresh tomatoes and some great lamb. It wasn't too busy either".
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

"The market was good this morning. I have bought some fresh tomatoes and some great lamb. It wasn't too busy either".

Ah Franko - you haven't been around enough lately - you can get banned for that these days!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

The market is quite boyant. Bananas still 3 bunches a pahhhnnnddd, last time I looked.

Comment

Been looking at jobserve etc, not huge amount of vacancies, however agents have been promptly calling me for each single vacancy I submit my CV for. I am talking I just click the submit button, then within 5 sec I get the call!! What’s up with that? I usually assume most vacancies are bogus, but it seems they are all real, cuz agents give me the name of companies send me full spec from client with client name/sig on it. Is there no one else applying for these roles? Is the market actually good – its August I expected it to be

A couple of clients called me - one did 10 minutes telephone interview and said they'll arrange a face to face interview next week, another client have called me to arrange another 10 minute telephone interview... again what's up with the 10 minutes interviews?? how much can they tell after 10 minutes?

Also no government work – how come is the public sector market gone down ..shame just when I get fed up with investment banks and want to have a break in a public sector !!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
            how much can they tell after 10 minutes?
            Enough
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

one more thing, I tell some agents that I have already been submitted to this company and think its the same role, all reassure me this is a brand new role just came up this morning (though same spec same client hiring manager) and they insist they should submit my CV - has the rules changed? are agents/client not worried about duplicate submissions any longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

Send it to DimPrawn
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

What do you do SandyDown?

Comment

I'm recruiting at the moment and spent a couple of hours yesterday doing 10 minute "chats" with the candidates who had decent CVs. I've started to do this because I spent a fruitless two days interviewing for a similar role last month and finding within the first 5 minutes that either the Cv had been doctored to match the role and they didn't actually have the skills or they had the personality of a brick or I just didn't like them. That couple of hours saves both me and the candidate from wasting our time if they aren't right. In fact I talked to 8 people and I've only asked for face to face with one of them.

Windy

Comment

Originally posted by SomeoneElse
                      What do you do SandyDown?

BA / SA/ DA - have lots of banking experience. I did start my career as a techie (J2EE).

Comment

Working...
                      X