• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To contract or not...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max
    how long have you been permi for?
    10 months!

I think I'm suffering from post vacation blues...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      10 months!

At least it was paid vacation, I have 2 day off between contract this time and I have to move as well
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
        At least it was paid vacation, I have 2 day off between contract this time and I have to move as well
        Yup, at least it was paid. Does that compensate for the extra 30 to 40 hours a week I work unpaid?

Does it feck!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Well I'm not really searching that hard - my other half is off at the moment too, so we're full of busy - its really nice.

I got offered that job last week but turned it down cause of the on call thing. Theres a massive projet kicking off up here in the next couple of months, so I'm thinking of holding off for that..bit risky if it doesn't come off though.
          At least there is something in the pipeline.
          My ex started his new contract last week, not a peep from him since, don't feel used much
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

10 months!

problem is the honeymoon period gets shorter and shorter, contractor or not. I'm 2 weeks into a new contract and fed up!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              problem is the honeymoon period gets shorter and shorter, contractor or not. I'm 2 weeks into a new contract and fed up!
              Poor pussycat

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Poor pussycat
                and I've been caught posting on here and told off. First time ever I've been told off for t'internet usage and I've been good the last 2 weeks.

"we are paying a lot of money for your time you know"

FFS
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This message is hidden because Lucy is on your ignore list.

Sorry, I should've made myself clear, I was looking for a response from normal people.

Comment

Sorry, I should've made myself clear, I was looking for a response from normal people.
                    Not sure if I qualify as normal, I contract because I want to take months at a time off. Can't really do that in a permie job. I think you need to decide what you want first. Career, promotion, friends at work or freedom, money and the jobs no one else wants.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                      and I've been caught posting on here and told off. First time ever I've been told off for t'internet usage and I've been good the last 2 weeks.

"we are paying a lot of money for your time you know"

FFS
                      They sound awful. Go and find another place that will treat you better.

Comment

Working...
                      X