• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Level of maths knowledge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread reminds me of this BBC news article on the standard of maths in UK schools!
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Degree in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, A Level Maths, A Level Further Maths. Don't use them at all. What a waste of time that was.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        What is your level of maths knowledge? And do you apply any of it to your job?
        Very good and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead
          Degree in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, A Level Maths, A Level Further Maths. Don't use them at all. What a waste of time that was.
          At least you can count your maths quals!

Comment

Feeling brave, I bought Dummies Guide to Calculus. It seems I am a complete maths feckwit, as I failed to understand any of it.

Comment

i did advanced degree level mathematics as part of my civil engineering degree. Mechanics and Calculas being the areas widely taught.

I havent used any of it whatsoever and i have forgot it all!
              Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
                i did advanced degree level mathematics as part of my civil engineering degree. Mechanics and Calculas being the areas widely taught.

I havent used any of it whatsoever and i have forgot it all!
                Want to buy a slightly used, and angrily defaced copy of Dummies Guide to Calculus, then?

Comment

Well I'm impressed. The largest group has a maths degree.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
                    Want to buy a slightly used, and angrily defaced copy of Dummies Guide to Calculus, then?

nee ****** chance
                    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

I did my Phd in maths. My thesis was titled "mmmmmmmm Pi"

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X