• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does a Cameron led conservative party offer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco
    The one bonus I can think of is that we will get that arse brown out of office. Also historically the tories have been much better at managing the economy than labour and i would expect that to continue. Would be nice to stop all these multi billion payouts to thrid world countries when we could invest a large proportion of that money internally and do some real good.

(Better road infrastructure, better railway infrastructure, better flood defences, etc)

Would be nice to get some capitalists in to remove some of the bloody pointless red tape that nu liemore have created too.
    You're dreaming if you think the "New" Tories led by Cameron will do any of that!

Comment

Cameron's public face is all about getting elected, not being a tory.

These days, this means being a mealy-mouthed airhead.

He might have gone too far though.

Comment

There are two types of people in this world. Those who believe that everyone should be left to get on with their lives on their own and take responsibilities accordingly, and those that believe in collectivism. We have too much of the latter which is as good a reason as any for swapping NL with the Tories.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          There are two types of people in this world. Those who believe that everyone should be left to get on with their lives on their own and take responsibilities accordingly, and those that believe in collectivism. We have too much of the latter which is as good a reason as any for swapping NL with the Tories.
          Dodgy - that's a very binary view of the world. I think things are a bit more nuanced, and that most people sit on a continuum somewhere between Soviet-style collectivism and American extreme libertarianism.

Comment

Well I don't know what has changed since he had over a 10 point lead only a few weeks ago. Surely not Brown, the Michael Foot of this generation? It just goes to show that the British public have not a clue, probably as a consequence of attention deficit syndrome.

Comment

The public wants what the public gets
              But I don't get what this society wants
              I'm going underground...
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                The public wants what the public gets
                But I don't get what this society wants
                I'm going underground...

First record I ever bought...

Comment

A smash of glass and a rumble of boots
                  An electric train and a ripped up 'phone booth
                  Paint splattered walls and the cry of a tomcat
                  Lights going out and a kick in the balls

That's Entertainment.

The Jam were great.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin
                    You're dreaming if you think the "New" Tories led by Cameron will do any of that!
                    Cameron maybe not, but all the old style tories are still in the party and a lot of them know how to run a country. As long as Cameron is the mouthpeice and he lets the people who know what they are doing get on with running the country it should work out ok.

The risk is that he starts beliving his crap and doesn't listen to the people who know what they are doing when the tories finally get back into power (if ever...)

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
                      What does a Cameron led conservative party offer?
                      Possible end of IR35.
                      Probable end of S660.
                      Probable lower corporation tax for small businesses.
                      No IR35 MkII for "Personal Service Companies" -- this term has been suspiciously introduced with the MSC legistation.
                      No S660 MkII (if HMRC lose on Wednesday).
                      End of all talk that blurs tax avoidance with evasion.
                      Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X