• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is someone going to post...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack
    ...something vaguely relevant or interesting today? Because there's a lot of rubbish flying about.

A contribution - has anyone seen BBC/Alan Curtis' documentary "The Power of Nightmares"? Watched all 3 hours of it the other day courtesy of YouTube. Cracking stuff.

Another - who here has gym membership and actually uses it? Can any of the SW Londoners recommend somewhere to play badminton near Twickenham/Richmond?

I wonder how many topics I can get into the same thread... reminds me of the days of IRC. Speaking of which - who here still frequents IRC?
    Yep, there is some real tripe flying across the board today.

Re: The Power of Nightmares

Saw this when it was first broadcast and it is excellent viewing.
    Makes you see the 'war on terror' in a different light.

The chap who made this, did a similar series recently called The Trap.
    Didn't see it, but may look it up on You Tube.

Links for anyone interested:

The Power of Nightmares BBC website

The Power of Nightmares wiki page

The Trap wiki page

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky G
      Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation guff and shameful conspiracy theory.
      So you say. Others may say it's a well researched and well rounded film. You'll just have to agree to disagree with them eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
        Why do you choose to prefix the most inane mind-numbingly boring and irrelevant drivel with a sentence chastising everyone elses apparently 'rubbish' and uninteresting posts, are you trying to be ironic, or do you genuinely not have a grasp of what is interesting and what is liable to make people fall asleep at their desks? I would rather talk about the current economics of global warming with an onion then listen to you harp on about sketchy documentaries, badminton and your IRC glory days.
        Oh gosh, am I under attack? Wow. This is novel. Enjoy your conversation with the onion, young rap-scallion.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
          Yep, there is some real tripe flying across the board today.

]
          You get upset with the following notion, which is entirely plausible.

Russian communists did not give up their beliefs overnight, did not suddenly become democrats and embrace capitalism. That friendship with the West is merely feigned to gain technology and also investment. This of course has happened before. Lenin’s NEP.

Yet you believe a bunch of guff from these loud prattlers that singles out the weak and appeasing ancestors of religious pilgrims as being inherently imperialistic and Machiavellian when they’ve spent the last 50 years dosing out half measures.

Anybody for a pint of independent thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
            The chap who made this, did a similar series recently called The Trap.
            Cheers for that Clippy - will look it up.

Comment

Oh gosh, am I under attack? Wow. This is novel. Enjoy your conversation with the onion, young rap-scallion.
              Not really, I was just trolling. I was quite a prolific IRC user back in the day myself

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky G
                blah blah rant blah
                What the hell are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                  Not really, I was just trolling. I was quite a prolific IRC user back in the day myself

#england? #blighty?

Had me there ya git.

Comment

What the hell are you on?
                    I've resisted using the Ignore List so far but I'm sorely tempted by this fool.

Comment

#england? #blighty?

Had me there ya git.
                      lol, never really visited #england or #blighty mainly hung around in the US channels.

Comment

Working...
                      X