• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spooky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    My mum being the caring parent and the owner of her own clothes shop brought home one of her mannequins and we made it up to look like and old woman. We then sat it on the toilet and went to bed. He screamed the house down that night also.
    eh? was this to demonstrate it might have been a mannequin in the field, or was you playing a subtle psychological experiment with his sanity?!

Comment

My Dad was scuba diving in Fiji and found 3 lawn bowls on the ocean floor covered in coral. He couldnt carry them all, so took one hone. Cleaned off the coral and it had his name imprinted on it. Admittedly he has a relatively common first and second name, but still... it made the local newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
        That wasn't a ghost, it was a ninja.
        That could very well explain it. I feel so much better now.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

"eh? was this to demonstrate it might have been a mannequin in the field, or was you playing a subtle psychological experiment with his sanity?!"

No it was the scare him!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I used to live in the most haunted village in England.

No sign of any ghosts, but every Halloween the village would be packed with amateur ghost hunters and chav loonies who would run around the graveyard spooking themselves in the process. No self-respecting phantom would appear with all that racket.

There was this other time (at band camp) when I went up to my parents house one night when they were away to feed their pooch and let her out for a run in the garden. I'd spent loads of time at the house on my own cos they'd bought it with a bridging loan and I spent the summer holidays working on the place and the garden/woods whilst they were still in their other house.

Anyway, the pooch hoofed it down the garden as usual and promptly disappeared in the darkness. I took a casual stroll after her and got about 50 yards, when she came running back, which never happened without calling her first. She was well spooked, and I became very aware that the temperature was noticeably colder than it had been nearer the house. The darkness was almost solid and no nocturnal critters could be heard; it felt very oppressive. I've never encountered it before or since. As soon as I got back the house and before I even said anything, the missus said she'd had a very uneasy feeling about the atmosphere at the house that evening. No, we hadn't had a row.

Some of the grounds are ex-MOD land and the site was bombed during the last war, presumably with some casualties. Maybe one of 'em didn't like dags.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
              I used to live in the most haunted village in England.
              Pluckley, Kent?

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                Pluckley, Kent?
                So, what's the unit of measurement for hauntedness?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                  So, what's the unit of measurement for hauntedness?
                  darkness of pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    yeah, but how do you explain the sick smell, and the 'you're gonna meet the devil' !!!
                    The smell, the sound and the visual stuff were all I dream I guess, but the conscious part of my brain was awake when I was having it??

Sounds plausable to me...more plausable than an audience with the devil anyway!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                      The smell, the sound and the visual stuff were all I dream I guess, but the conscious part of my brain was awake when I was having it??

Sounds plausable to me...more plausable than an audience with the devil anyway!
                      Maybe it was a premonition about your IR35 investigation?!

Comment

Working...
                      X