• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaaahhhhhh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy
    negotiate for 20% bonus, company car,company share scheme,3 trainings a year,35 days holidays and so on
    yeah. no bonus (its a co-operative), car allowance is available, training should be no problem, everybody gets 30 days holidays, Now to see if they'd accept a request of £43K pa salary. Which would put me mid-pack in my collegues - who are all 'accountants'. Gosh what a fun bunch.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
      My client has asked if I'd like to become permanent! aaaaaaaaaah

But then, I have been here 2.5 years and I'm more a permanent fixture than other members of the team. My attempts at finding freelance work (ie: proper business work) have failed. On the other hand, I don't think they're willing to pay what I would ask.

There is a BIG announcement to be made here on Thursday I wonder if it has anything to do with culling contractors, and that I'm the only one who knows the system - as there is virtually no documentation on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
        (40K) A month? I wouldn't get out of bed for that!
        Pah! I wouldn't even get out of bed to post a comment about it!

By the way lilelvis2000, I hope you're paying IR35 taxes for your "permanent fixture" contract!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Pah! I wouldn't even get out of bed to post a comment about it!

By the way lilelvis2000, I hope you're paying IR35 taxes for your "permanent fixture" contract!
          Absolutely!
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

I was talking with a company recently and they only want a permie - the agency "forgot" to tell me this. It is tempting though as they are offering a good salary (£70K+) and the sort of work I would be doing would enable me to make a lot of contacts within the sector.

I was thinking keep MyCo running and use to a) put some investment capital in from time and b) draw a few expenses. Work for this company for a year to 18 months and get the contacts and then go contracting again. By putting in the capital to MyCo I would have enough to live on whilst I got my first gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                I was talking with a company recently and they only want a permie - the agency "forgot" to tell me this. It is tempting though as they are offering a good salary (£70K+) and the sort of work I would be doing would enable me to make a lot of contacts within the sector.

I was thinking keep MyCo running and use to a) put some investment capital in from time and b) draw a few expenses. Work for this company for a year to 18 months and get the contacts and then go contracting again. By putting in the capital to MyCo I would have enough to live on whilst I got my first gig.

Comment

My client has asked if I'd like to become permanent! aaaaaaaaaah

But then, I have been here 2.5 years and I'm more a permanent fixture than other members of the team. My attempts at finding freelance work (ie: proper business work) have failed. On the other hand, I don't think they're willing to pay what I would ask.

There is a BIG announcement to be made here on Thursday I wonder if it has anything to do with culling contractors, and that I'm the only one who knows the system - as there is virtually no documentation on it.
                  Hmm! Cool move on your part. just remember to give them back the documentation if you decide not to stay
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                    Does that mean you approve?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
                      Hmm! Cool move on your part. just remember to give them back the documentation if you decide not to stay
                      Give it back! I'm the one writing it! It's taking ages inbetween all the time I take to code, meetings with other teams integrating with us. And its also quite boring...Zzzzz

Shoot, I'd hire someone just to write it. Anyone willing? Its Oracle and Access?

Comment

Working...
                      X