• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's in Your Cupboard?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    I'd be worried my little one would get a hold of it and take it to school. So yes I would like to keep a gun, but practically I can't.
    so what? at least he will be on par with all the other kids

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
      I'd be worried my little one would get a hold of it and take it to school. So yes I would like to keep a gun, but practically I can't.
      Throw him off the scent by giving him a crossbow.

Comment

Following items easily and quickly obtainable in the case of a confrontation:

Claw hammer
        Ice axe
        Ice hockey stick
        Stanley knife
        Scalpel
        Heavy maglite
        Aerosol + lighter

Don't keep them by the bedside as I'd kill myself if I sleepwalk.

My dad has an original 17th Century Katana and a wakizashi sword hanging on the wall outside his bedroom, along with a sabre, a rapier and an asagai.

We'd both use them. All of them.

Comment

If anyone broke into my house I'd light a cigarette, sit down and watch them choke to death from passive smoking.
          Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            If anyone broke into my house I'd light a cigarette, sit down and watch them choke to death from passive smoking.
            Not in a burglar's workplace you won't, young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
              Not in a burglar's workplace you won't, young man.
              I forgot about that - I'd have to stand in the garden and watch them.
              Call the cops

Comment

If your registered office is your home, does that mean you can't smoke there?

I can see that pissing off a few people I know.

Comment

Presumably, the burglar has to put up a no smoking sign on entering the building.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
                    If your registered office is your home, does that mean you can't smoke there?

I can see that pissing off a few people I know.
                    I think you're OK if you're the only person working there and you don't have clients/members of the public in your office.

Comment

That deviates from your passive smoking strategy surely? Why don't you just make them a sandwich which contains a lot of saturated fat or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X