• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Gallaway - laughing stock or typical politician?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    I'd never want him running the country.
    I'd say you're pretty safe, there.

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
      Ok, show me an honest politician?
      I would suggest most are pretty honest, it's the media who twist things out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
        I would suggest most are pretty honest, it's the media who twist things out of context.

Hmm, seems a little naive to say most politicians are honest, next you will be saying most catholic priests are not child molesters!!!

Comment

Having worked in local govt - I'd say most are self-serving egomaniacs with no agenda to further but their own.

Two very good friends of mine were in politics. One played the system as much as he possibly could to his own benefit - and was caught and dismissed. Another - one of my best friends - was an honest and hardworking lad with the tenacity and moral framework you'd like most politicians to have - but he was the victim of a Labour smear campaign, and mud (no matter how fictional) sticks.

But there ya go.

Comment

Ol Georgie boy has a 'talk show' on Raj tv on Sky Digital

Not that I watch it of course!
            Last edited by premiere; 18 July 2007, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
              The commons committee did not ban him for any corruptness, they even went out of their way to say he did not gain out of the dealings. He simply did not follow procedure when declaring things. I concur with the arrogant assole bit.
              They were very careful to add the words "that we know of" after they said he didnt gain personally...because they didnt have access to his bank account details.

I also seem to remember his trusts books ending up in Baghdad for some reason too. Is that because Comical Ali was his accountant or summit?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                I reckon both.

Banned from Commons

hes ****

Comment

I don't care how much of an a*hole he is, he took apart the US senate Inquiry, made them out to be a bunch of 2nd rate media fawning clowns, he did his homework, they clearly did not.

All of his stuff is available on youtube, just search on his name, and marvel at the most powerful nations political operators taken apart like they had just sat down for the first time in the senate. Delightful.

Comment

George Galloway collected money for charity in Iraq (maybe from Sadam too) and he is banned from the Commons.

Tony Blair lies to the Commons, bombs Iraq killing thousands of civilians, votes for honours and nothing is done about it.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                      George Galloway collected money for charity in Iraq (maybe from Sadam too) and he is banned from the Commons.

Tony Blair lies to the Commons, bombs Iraq killing thousands of civilians, votes for honours and nothing is done about it.

Indeed, it's about fcuking time we started asking the questions and voting these clowns out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249Ja...elated&search=

this is a delightful clip where George talks to SKY news Anna about complete mess of both the Israeli Lebanese occupation and political objectives, it is George at his angriest and it is George at his best.

edited to identify the word "Israeli"
                      Last edited by barely_pointless; 21 July 2007, 10:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X