• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the overdraft limit on your current account ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fat £0

If you need an overdraft you're not charging enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
      Never spend money you dont have !
      We all spend money we don't have

I promise to pay the bearer the sum of the note on demand

usually
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

More than I ever need.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

overdraft? What's that?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My personal account overdraft limit is 112K.

I haven't got one that I know of on the business account.

Comment

Could all those with large overdraft facilities please post bank details below.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

This is what annoys me about overdraft limits, and credit card limits too.
                My credit card limit is £1000 (yes I know it's low, it was my choice!). Now I thought that meant "if you try to go over that amount we'll stop you". But no, it apparently means "if you try to go over that amount, we'll let you, charge you a penalty, and then eventually stop you at some arbitrary point". They don't even try to pretend that that arrangement is in my favour in any way.

If anybody knows of a credit card company where "limit" really means "limit" please let me know and I'll switch immediately.

Comment

10K.

No idea why, never use it.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
                    Could all those with large overdraft facilities please post bank details below.
                    Well, my bank is on the High Street, it's got a big sign over the automatic doors and you walk into a lobby where there is either the option to visit one of the tellers, or one of the personal banking staff.

The personal banking area has two open plan desks where you can talk to somebody, or you can ask for somewhere more private if you prefer.

There are 6 teller windows, but usually only three of them are staffed. This can lead to queues at peak times but you normally don't have to wait long.

There are also two ATMs if you prefer to do your banking business without ever talking to anybody.

I hope this helps.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

overdrafts are for permies

Comment

Working...
                      X