• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin loses Cross Country rail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    ..like the train I take every day...crap.
    Do you get the same train as me??!

My train this morning (if you can actually still call it a train) had 1 (one) carriage!!!! Hahaha how I laughed... until I had to smell several funky armpits at close range for 30 mins anyway...
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      If it is a susidised service then the company should not be taking any profit then?
      If the whole thing is being funded by the public then maybe it should be a nationalised industry where any profits go back into the business.
      Instead we see company after company take subsidies to run the network, but hike fares and pay large divvies and bonuses to to shareholders and executives.
      This was one of the points put forward by Jon Cruddas in the recent deputy leader elections - if the state is subsidising the company, then there should be no profits paid to the shareholders. Sadly, he didn't get in.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
        This was one of the points put forward by Jon Cruddas in the recent deputy leader elections - if the state is subsidising the company, then there should be no profits paid to the shareholders. Sadly, he didn't get in.
        Labour wouldn't want to offend it's buddies.

It would be interesting to find out how much National Express, Stagecoach et al. spend on lobbying. I'm sure we'd be quite shocked.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          Labour wouldn't want to offend it's buddies.

It would be interesting to find out how much National Express, Stagecoach et al. spend on lobbying. I'm sure we'd be quite shocked.
          No - but it could have been an interesting relationship between him and Gordo!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin
            Do you get the same train as me??!

My train this morning (if you can actually still call it a train) had 1 (one) carriage!!!! Hahaha how I laughed... until I had to smell several funky armpits at close range for 30 mins anyway...
            This morning there were two carriages..but it was the ancient bus-train type..which don't have enough power to travel our line unless there are two carriages. Completely covered in grime - I coudn't see out the window!

That's what we get for a foreign owned franchise which is subsidied at £6 per £2 of fare collected.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X