• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calm down dear! Your job is not going to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backagain
    Truth of it is they don't have the indepth knowledge we have, and I attribute this to their hi tech economies being new and lacking in-depth experience. If you are highly experienced and technical then there is no competition...

Stuff thats getting outsourced is the simple/easy stuff. The complex stuff has be done locally because they are not up to it.
    I agree with the first point. The business knowledge of the outsource bods I've worked with has been minimal. Not only that, but the people who work here don't stay more than a few months, so they don't get the chance to build up the knowledge.

However, in my experience it's not just the simple stuff that's outsourced, it's everything, despite the obvious inability of the outsource company to provide the required skills. That's the problem, and that's why the service being provided is so poor. They think they can do the job, but soon find that they can't.

It will come full circle, clients will start losing patience with the offshore companies, then they'll bring it all back onshore. Just like with call centres. It's now a big USP to say "UK call centres only". Ironically, one of the banks that advertise that was among the first to use offshore call centres - Nat West.

Comment

Originally posted by backagain
      I recently left the company I was working before because they decided to move their support centres to San Palo (Brazil)
      I am working with a Sao Paulo office as well. To say that people there are being exploited and treated in semi-slaverism conditions is a large understatement.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I had three of these chaps working for me on a project last year, they were very average and had no imagination regarding the design , it was as if they had learned it all off by heart, when asked for options, there was only and will ever be only one offered, I contrast this with some UK developers I have worked with and I get 3-4 options , including the very good to the very bad.

I certainly won't put my family on any SE asian Airline, and that should tell you something.

Comment

Working...
        X