• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peace man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed calls on your mobile from a witheld number and no voicemail. Well thanks for that.

Comment

Lying down in a Parisian park munching on a baggett listening to a distant accordion when some eastern European gypo comes over and begs for money for her 12 disabled children... feck off you're lying, there are at least 50 others in the same park all doing exactly the same thing.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ah yes, the blight of professional beggars.

I may have said this before, but on the concourse at Waterloo a tidily dressed young lady approached me with some nasty looking bruises and cuts on her face and hands, acting shocked and disoriented.

Story was her boyf had beaten her up and left her, taking her bag with mobile and wallet. It was very convincing, and I was taken in by it. Gave her some money so she could make a phone call, asked if alright etc, police hadn't been very helpful and all that.

Walked away leaving her at the phone.

Saw her going through exactly the same malarkey a month later with someone else. She really wasn't impressed when I approached her - mid routine with another 'mark' - and congratulated her on her acting abilities suggesting she takes that up instead of repeatedly injuring herself to fool ppl.

Loads of em around Waterloo.

Even in Richmond - collectors for charities without badges or proper (or with fake) ID.

Scum.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
          Ah yes, the blight of professional beggars.

I may have said this before, but on the concourse at Waterloo a tidily dressed young lady approached me with some nasty looking bruises and cuts on her face and hands, acting shocked and disoriented.

Story was her boyf had beaten her up and left her, taking her bag with mobile and wallet. It was very convincing, and I was taken in by it. Gave her some money so she could make a phone call, asked if alright etc, police hadn't been very helpful and all that.

Walked away leaving her at the phone.

Saw her going through exactly the same malarkey a month later with someone else. She really wasn't impressed when I approached her - mid routine with another 'mark' - and congratulated her on her acting abilities suggesting she takes that up instead of repeatedly injuring herself to fool ppl.

Loads of em around Waterloo.

Even in Richmond - collectors for charities without badges or proper (or with fake) ID.

Scum.
          There was a similar scam going on at bromley station a couple of years ago - think the pretty young girl was a traveller
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            where is the option ... relaxing in my garden when some pilot starts aerbatics overhead?
            I love watching them. My Dad was in the RAF, so I spent my younger years watching planes coming and going all the time.

Comment

Where's the option for the neighbours moving their piano next to the party wall, and letting their son play the first 4 notes of the Pink Panther theme over and over. And over and over. Not that it affects me at all. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                I love watching them. My Dad was in the RAF, so I spent my younger years watching planes coming and going all the time.
                Where were you stationed Moose?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X