• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Embarrassing mistakes at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had way too many like erasing the product file, breaking nightly builds, caught sleeping at desk etc...
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Am I the only one who has never made a mistake at work

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        Am I the only one who has never made a mistake at work
        No. You're the only one who think's he's never made a mistake at work.

Comment

My worst situation was when i was interviewing for Testers all day. Only had 10 mins to have lunch which was soup fetch in by one of my colleagues. 10mins past and went back into the next session of interviews. Little did i know that i had managed to spill the Cream of Tomato Soup down my tie and it wasn't until the second interview in the afternoon did someone actually say anything to me. Funny enough the guy who told me i had soup down me was the one i hired.

Morale of the storey tell the truth as it might get you a job.
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
            My worst situation was when i was interviewing for Testers all day. Only had 10 mins to have lunch which was soup fetch in by one of my colleagues. 10mins past and went back into the next session of interviews. Little did i know that i had managed to spill the Cream of Tomato Soup down my tie and it wasn't until the second interview in the afternoon did someone actually say anything to me. Funny enough the guy who told me i had soup down me was the one i hired.

So the moral of that story is make sure to point out all of your interviewers flaws during the interview.

Check!

Thanks mate!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

a good (female) friend of mine was doing her first training presentation (to an entirely male audience), instead of using bullet points she'd used ticks.

at one point in the presentation she said "do you like my big ticks?"
              She's not convinced they remembered anything said from that point onwards.

----------

I was slagging a boss off to a trusted colleague, who was nodding (in agreement I thought). After the conversation another colleague pointed out that I the boss and guy I was talking to were married !

Comment

Due to a bug in a bit of Informix 4GL, I once had 100,000 poll cards produced with the wrong date on them.

I was allowed in the 'machine room' once to finalise a bug fix on a live minicomputer... using the console. When I finished, I typed 'logout' and hit return........ system locked up, needed rebooting.
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

geeks

Comment

Worked at one place where the bunch working under me liked a bit of a laugh.

One of them add a piece of code that reserved the way the controls worked on April 1st. They had their laugh and of course it didn't work on April 2nd.

About a year later, our project manager was having a meeting with the customer (MoD) to whom the kit had been delivered. Everything went fine until they got to any other business. Customer with smile on his face suggests that the April fools' joke best be removed so the students don't get confused each year.

My numpies had forgotten to recompile the object. Guess who got the initial grilling!

Comment

Sending an email to my GF about meeting that evening, put aload of stuff in mail about my female boss being a b*tch etc and sent it. I then heard my boss shout to me 'Sorry I cant meet you outside Topshop on Oxford street', I sent her the email. She never said anything about it, I soon left, the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X