• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson - Mayor of London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris all the way.

He may put out an image of a bumbling incompetant but he is actually a very sharp, intelligent and witty man.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
      I think Dick Whittington's been doing a superb job, and should stand for a 4th term.
      I met the Lord Mayor. Not the current one, but the one before (David Brewer). Short arsed bloke. It was some Christmas thingy in the City. He was there in his red coat an all that. I wanted to ask him if he was Santa Claus, but the people I was with stopped me.
      Last edited by Buffoon; 5 July 2007, 08:58.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
        Boris all the way.

He may put out an image of a bumbling incompetant but he is actually a very sharp, intelligent and witty man.
        Why would a sharp, intelligent and witty man put out an image of being bumbling & incompetant?

And more importantly why would I want someone who put's out the image of being bumbling & incompetant in a position of power? Student union president absolutely, but Mayor of London or something similar - don't think so.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Anyone will do, Ken is a traitor.

Comment

And you're a troll, so **** off and don't annoy me pls.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

He may not be PC, but what's Boris been wrong about that hasn't been majority politicial opinion at the time?

He's different because he sometimes sticks his neck out and says things that others won't, and the affected buffoonery is his way of absorbing fallout that would have ended the careers of other politicians. Can you imagine Cameron or Blair saying that stuff about Liverpool and surviving?

By far my favourite Tory.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                Will you be voting for Kenneth then?

Comment

Now't wrong with trolls
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Just so we're clear CD - I'm not gonna waste my time 'debating' with someone who's whole purpose is to wind people up on a BB.

I know you think it's clever siting behind your keyboard posting inflammatory comments just to get a rise from people to satisfy your pathetic need to get attention, but I'm not biting.

So like I said, **** off an don't annoy me, pls.

Comment

Why would a sharp, intelligent and witty man put out an image of being bumbling & incompetant?
                      It's a good cover for any mistakes he makes and also puts a lot of people off thier guard because they genuinely belive the act.

Have you never acted dumb in a situation before and let somebody think they are lording it over you so that you can then shoot them down?

Comment

Working...
                      X