• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All In One printer suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd recommend my HP Officejet 5610, which has decent print quality, can scan as good as you need, and can photocopy and fax too. Except the double sided printing hasn't worked since I upgraded to Windows Vista.

Comment

don't hp outsource their print manufacture?

Comment

in which case you're buying a badge

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
          don't hp outsource their print manufacture?
          Maybe, but to who? It might be outsourced to a non-retail manufacturer.

Comment

I'm reasonably happy with a Brother MFC, though wish I'd gone for a duplex model instead. It reads photo cards as well.

Why not an HP?

For starters, the Brother said Mac compatible on the box.

HP are notoriously bad for printer drivers, especially when it comes to a software upgrade.

Brother don't have "timed" printer cartridges. When the printer claims a cartridge is out of ink, it really is out of ink.

I have avoided buying anything from HP ever since they fekked around a very big customer who was my client at the time. I'm not exactly impressed with the way they destroyed the once excellent support organization they inherited from DEC/Compaq.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'd have gone for a Brother myself, but I wanted both duplex scanning and duplex printing with ethernet - at the time (18 months ago) I couldn't find a Brother to match that spec. I think there was a model but I couldn't find a stockist.

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
                HP OfficeJet 5610...pretty good value for money

I've got one, very happy with it too
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977
                  Can anyone suggest a good all in one printer that can scan,print and copy.....have been looking at the HP printers...any suggestions/comments?
                  I recommend one of these
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    I recommend one of these
                    I've got one of them too.
                    The drawers keep sticking though
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

"By the mid-1990s, HP realized that printer manufacturing technologies had matured and it could completely outsource production."

However, cartridge manufacturing technologies have apparently not matured to the point where you can buy an independent cartridge without invalidating your warranty.
                      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                      X