• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices rise in June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    You think the value of a fund/unit trust can't approach zero?

That is what a stop loss is for - pick an amount you're willing to lose and set your stops accordingly.

I don't need to look it up, I already know it.
    The problem with this is simple. Set your stop loss small, so you don't stand to lose much, and the tiniest blip down will close your position and you have lost the money.

Set it large, and you can go down the pan big time.

Too risky for me mate.

I'll settle for BTL where the gains are huge, year after year and the losses only come round every 20 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
      Too risky for me mate.
      <juvenile>

Scaredey cat. na na nana naaa

</juvenile>
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
      X