• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enterprise Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clippy
    Don't feed the Troll.
    (I'm bored. )

Comment

I've worked in India

an I aint goin back. ever!
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Bollywood bad boy
        i'd like to see your spelling in Hindi

in fact you'd better start learning - if you want to stay in this industry
        That may be a better idea than you realise.

One of the challenges of offshore development is that although the offshore developers speak english, they do not pick up on the nuances of the language like a local would, and a large amount of rework is usually required. This is not too much of an issue because it is dirt cheap.

Now I spend my time translating clients' requirements between themselves and developers, if I were to speak to the developers in their own language I think there would be the potential to iron out the challenges that we see currently.

As for staying in this industry, I will only start to worry when americans become renowned for being skilled linguists and the offshorers can cut me out of the process.

Comment

I still find it amazing that more Enterprise companies, and SMBs for that matter, are not seeing and utilizing the obvious bennefits in costs and skills by investing in outsourcing their IT operations to India.!!

sure, we've seen a sizable part of the industry move in this direction, but I can tell you first hand, that their is still plenty of capacity, even at current levels, for further growth - and what a great place to live and work
          Do you have a view on condom manufacturers being forced to supply a 'extra small' size for the Indian/Asian market?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I can tell you first hand, that their is still plenty of capacity, even at current levels, for further growth - and what a great place to live and work

If you want to spend your life sitting in front of a computer screen working hard on poorly thought out projects with all the associated fustrations for peanuts then go right ahead. If no hardcore geek IT is ever done in this country ever again I certainly won't be shedding any tears! You're welcome to it.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes
              If you want to spend your life sitting in front of a computer screen working hard on poorly thought out projects with all the associated fustrations for peanuts then go right ahead..
              You are a work colleague of mine and I claim my 5 Rupees.

Comment

Are we doing this again? Didn't we agree that Outsourcing to india was a stupid idea because of the crap service?

Comment

There are some guys coming in from Vietnam to my client today. I've heard they will be arriving with a translator. I don't envy the PM on that project...
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

zeit,

be nice to Bollywood bad boy he's from your neck of the woods :-)

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X