• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Laptop or Personal Laptop...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg
    If you're worried about IR34
    Have I missed something that Gordon brought in before moving next door???
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I use a VM, an exact image of one of their "safe" builds then VPN.

They seem pretty happy with that.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I just e-mailed stuff to and from work. If a virus got past thier security filter on the e-mail by disclaimer of "no liability for virus etc in this e-mail etc" should hopefully cover me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
          I use a VM, an exact image of one of their "safe" builds then VPN.

They seem pretty happy with that.
          That's a pretty good idea. Hmmm.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I used to work on my home PC and remote on to the work laptop. Much easier to switch between the two and you can use your own monitor,keyboard etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
              Have I missed something that Gordon brought in before moving next door???
              I wasn't worried about IR34 before I came into this thread..

I supply my own equipment, keyboard, monitor, laptop, dock etc and just plug in to the clients network (they insist on AV and personal FW but that goes without saying... or at least it should ). That and being direct with MOO and subsititution clause helps me sleep at night

Oh and all the booze and drugs helps too.
              Last edited by basshead; 28 June 2007, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead
                I wasn't worried about IR34 before I came into this thread..

I supply my own equipment, keyboard, monitor, laptop, dock etc and just plug in to the clients network (they insist on AV and personal FW but that goes without sating... or at least it should ). That and being direct with MOO and subsititution clause helps me sleep at night

Oh and all the booze and drugs helps too.
                The drugs are now a BIK under IR34.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                  The drugs are now a BIK under IR34.
                  Damn. My accountant said to put them through as subsistence. Really tricky getting receipts for the stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead
                    Damn. My accountant said to put them through as subsistence. Really tricky getting receipts for the stuff though.
                    Not if you buy in bulk.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X