• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a bunch of hypocrites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard
    It just shows how much we're back to having a political class, with everybody in the commons coming from a similar background regardless of party. The big social division between Labour and Conservative that we had from the 20s to the 80s must have been a minor blip.
    What difference between Labour and Conservative????
    Labour would be more honest if they changed their name to "New Tory"

It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
      What difference between Labour and Conservative????
      Labour would be more honest if they changed their name to "New Tory"

Tories actually tried to encourage small businesses, whereas Nu Liemore tires to tax them so much the people running them go and get a permie job.

Comment

No, I agree with you, I meant the difference they had from McDonald/Baldwin up to Kinnock/Thatcher (minus the Butskellite consensus).

Comment

Blimey. Who gave me 5 stars?

Comment

Working...
          X