• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    So we should expect a new boom?
    Stick to TLG, you are in the atw club of dolts when it comes to economics.
    Firstly, you are the TLG expert, I give the likes of you the specifications

Secondly, Do you require an economic lesson? I'd be happy to give you one, but fear I's have to start at O level standard.

I'll give you a chance...Kindly explain what you think will happen as rates rise, property prices will increase? As the cost of money dramatically increases demand increases?
    The majority of economic forecasters would seem to agree that the market is 2 more 0.5 point rises from disaster.

Perhaps it's best you stick to what you do best, being a smug little prig, and leave the big topics to the grown ups.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      Firstly, you are the TLG expert, I give the likes of you the specifications

Secondly, Do you require an economic lesson? I'd be happy to give you one, but fear I's have to start at O level standard.

I'll give you a chance...Kindly explain what you think will happen as rates rise, property prices will increase? As the cost of money dramatically increases demand increases?
      The majority of economic forecasters would seem to agree that the market is 2 more 0.5 point rises from disaster.

Perhaps it's best you stick to what you do best, being a smug little prig, and leave the big topics to the grown ups.
      Is it coz I is considerably richer than thou?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is it coz I is considerably richer than thou?
        No it's because you never answer the question
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

No it's because you never answer the question
          Not terribly bright are ye?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not terribly bright are ye?
            You are pathetic, no argument just insults that's your MO.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              But wait, there’s more: Telegraph.
              Buffoon, I thought you might enjoy this snippet from Jan Moir's column in the Telegraph. You may need to change your name to "Buffooness"

Does Gordon Brown have a problem with women? I was dying to ask him when he visited the Telegraph offices last week, but by the time the chloroform had worn off and I'd smashed down the locked door of the stationery cupboard, Mr Brown had left.

A pity, because I'd love to know if he is going to do the decent thing and sack Patricia Hewitt and Margaret Beckett, perhaps even throwing in Tessa Jowell for good measure.

Yet however far he goes in jettisoning mad old ladies in his reshuffle, prising them finger by finger off the furniture in the Cabinet office, Brown won't be able to go far enough.

For whatever happens, ghastly Harriet will still be there. By some unfortunate stroke of happenstance, Harriet Harperson is the new deputy leader of the Labour Party, and I wonder if any of us is truly ready for this?

Harriet was just about bearable as a junior minister, floating around Westminster in a warm shawl of self-approval and always good for a laugh when she went on Today and attempted to fob off John Humphrys by reciting her ministerial brief instead of answering any of his questions.

The resulting fracas was most bracing, like listening to a starving ferret rip the throat out of a pet mouse.

Yet mere days into her elevated position, Harriet cannot keep the melon-slice smirk off her face, grinning like a brainwashed political Moonie, oozing superiority from every enlarged pore.

Sadly, she no longer makes such a fool of herself on the radio, but her hectoring presence reminds all of us that there is a Harriet in every classroom, office and committee across the land; the clever clogs who knows what's best for everyone and remains unaware that her every utterance is like the scrape of fork on raw brain matter. First John Prescott and now Harperson! How we suffer, through no fault of our own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You are pathetic, no argument just insults that's your MO.
                Originally Posted by Bagpuss:
                It's happening, last time rates were this high was just before the boom took off ...

Kindly explain what you think will happen as rates rise, property prices will increase?

What makes you think rates will rise further, when the official inflation fig is falling?
                Doh! Nuff said.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's happening, last time rates were this high was just before the boom took off ...

Kindly explain what you think will happen as rates rise, property prices will increase?

Doh! Nuff said.

It's like talking to a child i.e. a bit slow on the uptake. Yes! the rates were on a downward trend from a rate as high as now i.e. people entered the market as borowing became cheap, prices increased. Rates are now on an upward trend i.e borrowing becomes dearer, now reaching a level pre 2000. Would you like me to draw you a graph?

The question remains (which I doubt you will answer), you think prices will increase as borrowing becomes more expensive than pre boom times?

To Answer to your question:

The CBI's quarterly economic forecast predicts a quarter point increase to 5.75% this autumn, followed by a cut to 5.5% by the end of 2008.

Higher borrowing costs, including four rate rises from the Bank of England since last August, also prompted the CBI to cut its prediction for economic growth in 2008 to 2.4%, down 0.2% on its forecast in March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6244024.stm

Analysts are forecasting that the Bank will raise interest rates to 5.75% next week, after holding them in June.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 June 2007, 10:53.

Comment

The question remains (which I doubt you will answer), you think prices will increase as borrowing becomes more expensive than pre boom times?
                    You're a little simple and slow aren't you?
                    The BofE is obviously trying to engineer rates so the rate of house price inflation slows rather than that there are outright falls. That's the balancing act they are trying to accomplish - slow prices rises to single figures under 5% a year for a period of time.
                    So to answer your question, it depends whether they're subtle enough and what their timing is.
                    Falls in house prices are in nobody's interest (except for people like me who are mortgage free and cash rich).
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're a little simple and slow aren't you?
                      The BofE is obviously trying to engineer rates so the rate of house price inflation slows rather than that there are outright falls. That's the balancing act they are trying to accomplish - slow prices rises to single figures under 5% a year for a period of time.
                      So to answer your question, it depends whether they're subtle enough and what their timing is.
                      Falls in house prices are in nobody's interest (except for people like me who are mortgage free and cash rich).

try not to get divorced - you dont want to lose it all...

Comment

Working...
                      X