• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels when on contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Numptycorner
    The best I achieved was £13 per night including breakfast and ensuite in Kent
    I am hoping to go lower, and house swap next year. I am not sure it will work but I'll give it a lash.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
      The best I achieved was £13 per night including breakfast and ensuite in Kent
      Is "best" the right word to use?
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm just starting to rent a flat in London - I've been at the same client for 2+ years so I'm declaring it as a BIK. Much better than a 4 hour round trip commute which I've been doing for a while now.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
          I'm just starting to rent a flat in London - I've been at the same client for 2+ years so I'm declaring it as a BIK. Much better than a 4 hour round trip commute which I've been doing for a while now.
          BIK ?
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
            Is "best" the right word to use?
            It was nicer than some places that have cost £75 a night.
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

I stay in a hotel for first couple of nights, check out the local supermarkets and post office/paper shop for adverts. Find some lonely old widow who lets her sons room out for 60 - 70 quid a week.

works for me

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Depends on the area, but often times I'll sort out a long term deal with a B&B. It's like having a serviced apartment, but it's tax deductible...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                  BIK ?
                  Benefit In Kind
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                    lonely old widow
                    Do you have a penchant for lonely old widows then?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
                      Do you have a penchant for lonely old widows then?
                      Lonely old widows can be great fun. Especially if they're on the hunt for someone to look after their shy-on-the-shelf-30ish-daughter, who gets a bit wild after a babysham. Erm, allegedly.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X