• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rubbish Portugese police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    what is interesting is how people are turning their hatred onto these people who are doing nothing more than doing their very best to find their child.
    Quoted for truth. It fascinates me how everyone these days has an opinion on how parents should or shouldn't raise their children, especially those who have no intention of producing offspring. But the Top Prize has to go to Ms Marilyn Baker for this wonderful display of human compassion: Link her petition to Social Services.
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Hmmm, I did ponder a theory today about Maddy's disappearance. Note, it is a theory, not an accusation, so calm down please at the back.

The central tenet of the theory is that Maddy was not abducted by a third party. She was disposed of by her own parents.

Ok...I guess I better do some quick explaining before I get lynched (for having a theory).

My theory is that

1. The parents were indeed across the way, boozing it up at the restaurant.

2. A parent returned to the room to check on the children.

3. On arriving at the room, the parent discovered something dreadful.

4. Maddy was dead. (she got up, discovered parents pills, drunk detergent, or whatever....)

5. Parent panicked and realised the following scenario.

6. If they announced that one of their children had died through parental neglect, the world would come down on them like a ton of bricks. The remaining kids would be taken in to social care when returning to the uk, the parents might face jail, blah blah blah end of careers, etc. Complete nightmare.

To avoid this, the parent concoted an abduction story. The parent disposed of the body (there were building works nearby and wet cement...)

Parent returns to restaurant and breaks the news that Maddy is missing...

Now, perhaps both of them returned to the apartment when they did the initial check, so they are both implicit, or one of them returned, disposed of the body, and lied to the other...who knows.

The motive in this theory is that although they lost one child, they at least get to keep the other 2 and keep their lives mostly intact (though have to carry the secret guilt of neglect as punishment for the rest of their lives).

The following media campaign is a well orchestrated yet believable smokescreen to reinforce the abduction story.

It's just a theory, not an accusation, but you know what Sherlock Holmes said..."sometimes you have to discard the obvious and whatever is left, however improbable, is probable (or something like that)).

Ofc, I hope I am wrong and she is found...but something doesn't feel right...
      Last edited by Board Game Geek; 18 June 2007, 00:44.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero
        Quoted for truth. It fascinates me how everyone these days has an opinion on how parents should or shouldn't raise their children, especially those who have no intention of producing offspring. But the Top Prize has to go to Ms Marilyn Baker for this wonderful display of human compassion: Link her petition to Social Services.
        thanks for the petition link - just signed it. couldn't have put it better...

Comment

Any News did the police find anything ?? haven't seen it on the news yet so assumed it was a no
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
            Hmmm, I did ponder a theory today about Maddy's disappearance. Note, it is a theory, not an accusation, so calm down please at the back.

The central tenet of the theory is that Maddy was not abducted by a third party. She was disposed of by her own parents.

Ok...I guess I better do some quick explaining before I get lynched (for having a theory).

My theory is that

1. The parents were indeed across the way, boozing it up at the restaurant.

2. A parent returned to the room to check on the children.

3. On arriving at the room, the parent discovered something dreadful.

4. Maddy was dead. (she got up, discovered parents pills, drunk detergent, or whatever....)

5. Parent panicked and realised the following scenario.

6. If they announced that one of their children had died through parental neglect, the world would come down on them like a ton of bricks. The remaining kids would be taken in to social care when returning to the uk, the parents might face jail, blah blah blah end of careers, etc. Complete nightmare.

To avoid this, the parent concoted an abduction story. The parent disposed of the body (there were building works nearby and wet cement...)

Parent returns to restaurant and breaks the news that Maddy is missing...

Now, perhaps both of them returned to the apartment when they did the initial check, so they are both implicit, or one of them returned, disposed of the body, and lied to the other...who knows.

The motive in this theory is that although they lost one child, they at least get to keep the other 2 and keep their lives mostly intact (though have to carry the secret guilt of neglect as punishment for the rest of their lives).

The following media campaign is a well orchestrated yet believable smokescreen to reinforce the abduction story.

It's just a theory, not an accusation, but you know what Sherlock Holmes said..."sometimes you have to discard the obvious and whatever is left, however improbable, is probable (or something like that)).

Ofc, I hope I am wrong and she is found...but something doesn't feel right...
            More bollux - what's wrong with you lot, you all seem mentally ill to me.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X