• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in Hong Kong

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angusglover
    Lan Kwai Fung is the best nightlife in HK.
    mmmm Cactus Bar Thursday Night = frozen margaritas all night

yummmmy
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
      mmmm Cactus Bar Thursday Night = frozen margaritas all night

yummmmy
      And Maddogs at the bottom of the hill...had a few drunken nights in there.....

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
        And Maddogs at the bottom of the hill...had a few drunken nights in there.....
        I remember that place, doesn't 11 years just fly
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
          I remember that place, doesn't 11 years just fly

Yeah, I got drunk and naked with 2 filipino girls in there...what a night...!!!

There was also a karaoke bar up the hill on the right that was good.....and the Brown Bear in the shopping arcade over the bridge from the camp.

Comment

Enjoy high tea at the Peninsula, Kowloon. Avoiding the touts. And/or high tea at the Mandarin Oriental.

For the authentic yum cha experience, go to City Hall, it seats around 1000 peoplel and has fantastic views of the harbour.

The trams are wonderful, they have a really convenient route through north coast of HK Is. From Kennedy Town in the west to Shaukiwan in the East, I just enjoy the views, taking pictures and hopping off when I see something that is interesting.

Sogo is a really fun Japanese department store. Pacific Palace is also another great shopping experience, with an interesting food hall.

Get a suit and some shirts made, fantastic quality and fast. Chinese tailors are better than indians.

Don't forget to buy your octopus card at the airport, there is a little counter there with good deals, and you get a refund if you return the card.

Comment

Lucy!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                Lucy!
                BP

Comment

Working...
                X