• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Card fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happened to me in a restaurant in London before chip and pin, when they took your card behind the counter.

A mate had a credit card stolen from his house, the police had some finger prints that matched a known burglar who lived in watford, but he made some crap excuse for them being found 20 miles from his home. A few weeks later a sky subscription was taken out in watford using my mates card. How much help do the police need?
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      He didn't like it when I bear hugged him in the co-op.
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
          Have you tried contacting the retailers? They will have info of where the goods were delivered, there is usually some information, even if it's just a contact telephone number. I caught someone that used my card by doing this, all I had was the phone number, but I got him.
          The cops think it was a bank employee and are 'following that line of enquiry'. The transactions were mostly online subscriptions, dating sites etc.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
            The cops think it was a bank employee and are 'following that line of enquiry'. The transactions were mostly online subscriptions, dating sites etc.
            Honestly do you need to go to those lengths if you're feeling a little lonely? Most likely you got carried away after a few glasses of the bubbly during the weekend...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
              Any one of these three could be classed as the 'victim', you could of course include everyother credit card user since their fees and interest will be increased to cover this loss.

Credit Card fraud should be treated like burglary....
              Burglars should be punished not only for their burglaries but for all the security protection and insurance that their activities make necessary. Car thieves should be penalised by making a contribution to car alarm costs: if they didn't steal cars, I wouldn't have to have an alarm. And as you say, all credit card users are victims, though I'd question whether of the fraudsters or of the banks.
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
                Honestly do you need to go to those lengths if you're feeling a little lonely? Most likely you got carried away after a few glasses of the bubbly during the weekend...

If I was that pissed I'd have gone straight to the source and cut out the middle man or dating site.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                X