• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Have your Say - paedophiles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Apart from Ole Sparky, the electric chair, which is almost certainly not painless and is basically a form of electrical cooking.

The gas chamber is also not painless; prospective occupants were advised by kinder operators to take a deep breath as the cyanide crystals fell into the acid so that a goodly amount of cyanide gas had evolved by the time they required another breath.

There was the interesting method known as being pressed to death, wherein the victim was put under a board and large stone were placed thereupon, the nastier bit being the sharp stone placed under the spine so that the spine fractured before death...

Dear old Vlad used to impale people on wooden stakes driven up the fundament with hammers...

The Romans had an interesting take on the hot seat with an iron chair with a fire underneath it...

Most hangings involved slow strangulation rather than the more sophisticated drop method.

The garrot forced an iron spike through your cervical spinal column.

All jolly good fun, but not necessarily painless.
    Must admit i was really thinking about the ones used in this day and age (with the exception of the guilotine) and I had forgotten about the good old electirc chair. I don't belive that is used any more though.

Comment

Apart from Ole Sparky, the electric chair, which is almost certainly not painless and is basically a form of electrical cooking.

The gas chamber is also not painless; prospective occupants were advised by kinder operators to take a deep breath as the cyanide crystals fell into the acid so that a goodly amount of cyanide gas had evolved by the time they required another breath.

There was the interesting method known as being pressed to death, wherein the victim was put under a board and large stone were placed thereupon, the nastier bit being the sharp stone placed under the spine so that the spine fractured before death...

Dear old Vlad used to impale people on wooden stakes driven up the fundament with hammers...

The Romans had an interesting take on the hot seat with an iron chair with a fire underneath it...

Most hangings involved slow strangulation rather than the more sophisticated drop method.

You could always feed them to giant lizards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
        I don't see how we've one too far with the skills side, when people are leaving with no skills - I assume it's being badly done.
        Well at the moment there is no fear and everybody bleats on about giving the offenders skills and making them part of the community. We are too worried about providing the inmates a nice life with lots of opportunities at the moment, the fact they aren't learning anything just shows that offering too much doesn't have the desired effect.

I say outsource our prisons to Thailand. Much cheaper than the current prison service. Will make people think twice and is totally in line with what a lot of large companies are already doing!!

Comment

Due to over familiarity with various methods of dispatching humans, I suspect our alien, reptilian friend is actually a Predator.

Prosecution rests.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            Well at the moment there is no fear and everybody bleats on about giving the offenders skills and making them part of the community. We are too worried about providing the inmates a nice life with lots of opportunities at the moment, the fact they aren't learning anything just shows that offering too much doesn't have the desired effect.

I say outsource our prisons to Thailand. Much cheaper than the current prison service. Will make people think twice and is totally in line with what a lot of large companies are already doing!!

I'm not bothered about the nice life. I think the reason people come out with no skills is because governments are bleedin' incompetent and can't do anything right.

Comment

There are a lot of people on Death Row in the US, they execute loads of people in some states but that doesn't do much to deter violent crime. Fear is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
                There are a lot of people on Death Row in the US, they execute loads of people in some states but that doesn't do much to deter violent crime. Fear is not an issue.
                Fear is an issue, however when your life outside prison is no worse than it would be in prison it stops becoming an issue. To properly re-integrate people into our society is a hard job that is very difficult to get right.

So why bother, pay Thailand £500,000 a year to deal with all our prisoners, job done, thank you very much.

I'll even act as an agent for a nominal fee of 10% to get the ball rolling if you would like!!

Comment

Zeity!! your interest in death disturbs me greatly!

Comment

This is jolly...

I'd forgotten the stoning option...

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=9&gl=uk
                    How about buring? Worked well on witches....

Comment

How about buring? Worked well on witches....
                      Burning. Burying alive is good as well.

Seeing as there's such an interest in this, and in making the penal system less expensive, I'd like to introduce sponsored live Pay per View celebrtiy fights to the death.

Saddam Hussein vs Paris Hilton

I'd pay good money to watch that.

Comment

Working...
                      X