• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car vs 2nd hand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 year old Mazda 6 is your friend.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
      Autos are for old people and the disabled.

Buy a 3 or 4 year old Japanese car. Enjoy yourself with all the money you've saved and will continue to save. Laugh at the Ford/Vauxhall/BMW/Mercedes owners.

Automatics are the only way to go!!! Don;t tell me...you get bored if you don;t have to change gear...ffs

New cars are for mugs...

Its the missus...get her a 5 year old Micra...

Merc or BMW????...crikey, you'll be letting her choose what to watch on the TV next
      Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        2 year old Mazda 6 is your friend.

Mazda 6 MPS a must, the 1.8 and 2.0 are dogs.....more bhp in the wifes muff curler
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
          Mazda 6 MPS a must, the 1.8 and 2.0 are dogs.....more bhp in the wifes muff curler

It is a bargain of a car
          Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
            What's the wise choice?

Buy a low rent car (Ford or Vauxhall) new at a car supermarket with big discounts - full manuf warranty, no MOT for 3 yrs, all new and shiny, delivery miles only

OR

Spend the same amount on a 3-4 year old "prestige" motor like a BMW, Audi, Merc? But it's 2nd hand, needs MOT-ing at some stage and has probably done 50K+ miles.
            We did this one a few weeks back, and a few weeks before that ! My theory is if you are going 50K+ miles then buy something that is cheaper to service and fix than a BMW, Audi, Merc etc They do break and it'll cost you. Bought the Mrs a decent(ish) car last year and I reckoned buying second hand in the 1 to 2 year old range was the best value, still shiny but a big big discount on new.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
              Wife needs a car. Will spend around £15K. She likes big cars, usually drives big saloon cars or coupes, but really anything will do. Too much choice really.

Has to be automatic. She likes BMW's and Mercs.
              Coupes
              Mazda RX8
              Hyundai coupe

Saloons
              as said Mazda 6
              Honda Accord
              Lexus IS - JD power 2007 number 1 (above bmw 3 series)

I'd seriously look at one of these boys, a smashing motor
              http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/for-sa...aspx?model=427
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Saab 93 Aero is the one I went for. Bought a 3 yr old with 27K miles from Saab City for 12K.

Mercs are over rated and BMWs are common - sales of the 3 series now exceed the ford mondeo.

Next car will be the Audi A4 - that's a really nice looking Saloon car.

Comment

If it's for commuting to clients: Mazda 6 MPS.

If it's for driving about: Lamborghini Gayardo.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Get a lexus,

Cheap to pick up, their japanese so dam reliable, all the extras and luxuries you can ask for, and have that aura of elegance about them.

jus dont forget the indicators on the wrong side of the wheel, but she'll cope.

Comment

i tried being optimistic...

Comment

Working...
                      X