• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't mention the war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean I should have retreated or just surrendered, rather than fight to the last man?

The defending forces are American btw, with rather sh1tty inferiour equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
      You are clearly defending like a Russian. Try adopting a western mindset, we never had much trouble trouncing the square-heads.

Anyone for Kursk ? ( the biggest tank battle of all time - won by the Soviets)

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        Anyone for Kursk ? ( the biggest tank battle of all time - won by the Soviets)
        It appears that Soviets historians lied big time about supposed biggest tank battle around Prohokovka - the lie is fairly self-evident given very small tank numbers that Germans had at the time, typically this kind of crap done by lieing Soviet historians to cover up massive losses by making up huge battle.

By the way despite best defensive efforts Germans managed to penetrate defences and it was pretty successful operation (Manstein managed to concentrate massive tank force on main direction that was suprise to the Soviets) until Hitler pulled it back because of invasion of Allied forces in Italy.

Not that winning at Kurst would have changed things fundamentally for the nazies, just it is good to know the truth rather than lies.

Comment

We also have to thank Hitler for pushing the Panthers into service for Operation Citadel before they were ready. As a result more than half had suffered mechanical failures before the end of the first day of operations.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            You should try it Luficer - I know it is not that advanced, but graphically it is stunning totally, and missions really keep you on your toes - I have not experienced such gameplay ever since I played original Dune 2

Real-time element is excellent there.
            Yes, I did like Dune 2. Very ahead of its time.

However, if you want the RTS game played by real strategists that gives you that in-depth experience, this is your boy... Close Combat: Cross of Iron. The graphics are nothing to shout about but it's got it where it counts: gameplay.

Comment

Elite, nothing comes close after all these years.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Panthers turned out to be the best tanks of WW2, and by the way those Ferdinands that were very heavy and without MGs managed to knock out something to the tune of 900 Soviet tanks - the only reason it was not excellent result is because Soviet production capacity was much higher than that of German.

Comment

Working...
                X