• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    Another Saab owner here.

Current : Saab 9-3 Vector 1.8t
    Dream : Saab 9-5 - I aim low
    Current: 9-5 Estate 2.3t - dead cheap to buy after a couple of years

Dream: Late model Saab 900 Turbo Coupe if I can find a decent one with the right spec anywhere closer than Berlin!
    Last edited by Rantor; 14 May 2007, 12:08.

Comment

There are a lot of Saab people on here. Nothing wrong with that. In fact I would say that a Saab is very much a contractors car (I have had two in the past). They are completely unassuming cars that are very well built and quick.
      I just do not like the vectra platform ones.

As you know I have a Ford Mondeo which I am changing in July so any suggestions. I am looking at a 5 series, E class, or A6 as I am not sure that a Saab with front wheel drive will be very good.

I aspire (being an agent) to a large jag of course
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        There are a lot of Saab people on here. Nothing wrong with that. In fact I would say that a Saab is very much a contractors car (I have had two in the past). They are completely unassuming cars that are very well built and quick.

As you know I have a Ford Mondeo which I am changing in July so any suggestions. I am looking at a 5 series, E class, or A6 as I am not sure that a Saab with front wheel drive will be very good.

Why not go for the Jag then?

XJs from 97 onwards are very well made cars (X300 onwards I think) and are totally bargain basement price now. The earlyish XJR variants are potential classics and totally spiv-tastic.

For a new car, the new-model XJ (42k up) looks pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent

My current agent has got a jag plus accompanying grey coiffured hair and all year round tan. Pretty sure he must of sold cars and/or insurance before he discovered IT.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
            My current agent has got a jag plus accompanying grey coiffured hair and all year round tan. Pretty sure he must of sold cars and/or insurance before he discovered IT.
            Sounds like Swiss Toni - http://tinyurl.com/6zsza

Comment

DA,

what about the S Type diesel, second hand they seem to be quite reasonable priced

I have an idea, treat yourself to one soon, run it for siz months, let me know how you get on and then I can decide whether or not to get one.

Cheers,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                DA,

what about the S Type diesel, second hand they seem to be quite reasonable priced

I have an idea, treat yourself to one soon, run it for siz months, let me know how you get on and then I can decide whether or not to get one.

Cheers,

Milan.
                I just hate the looks of them. As I spend a lot of time going to meetings around the country I have to steer a path between looking professional , not looking poor or spivvy (no Vauxhalls, and my mondeo is a bit down market) not being flash (no porsche) and not looking like a fat affluent businessman (no S-Class, XJ, 7 series etc). I am going to test a Saab 9-5 and maybe the subaru outback (for that county look ) 4x 4s are a no no because I just know that these HR women are PC and Green.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

if you're considering the Subaru, what about a volvo xc70 or an audi allroad

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    if you're considering the Subaru, what about a volvo xc70 or an audi allroad

Milan.
                    I will give them a look milan thanks. You have just reminded me that a farmer friend of mine has the Audi.

Comment

X5 bullet-proof edition - no other car will do! Well, either that or PUG 307

Comment

Working...
                      X