• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice today...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy
    This time in 2042 AtW will no longer be a virgin
    Yes with the success of SKA, he'll finally be able to afford a visit to the massage parlour
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
      Yesterday the US company I 'agent' for said that we're back on track selling systems so I've got loads of them to do in EMEA, back to travelling again. Today I got 3 new projects as well, a 2-3 day a week gig in Köln doing VM/VSE DB2 sysprog work, install a z9BC and zOS 1.8 in Sauerland and a 3 day a month gig doing handholding for zLinux in Frankfurt and still another 500 hours here down near Stuttgart. And the sun has come out. More please....
      Nice one, darmstadt. Although I have to confess to not understanding about 80% of that...

By the way, what the heck does your signature mean?
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
        Nice one, darmstadt. Although I have to confess to not understanding about 80% of that...
        Good on you, darm.

I understood Stuttgart and beer. I worked there too but I've never liked lager.

I tried the dunkelbeer because it looked a bit like bitter, but it still tasted like lager. I found Pils to be the most palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
          Yesterday the US company I 'agent' for said that we're back on track selling systems so I've got loads of them to do in EMEA, back to travelling again. Today I got 3 new projects as well, a 2-3 day a week gig in Köln doing VM/VSE DB2 sysprog work, install a z9BC and zOS 1.8 in Sauerland and a 3 day a month gig doing handholding for zLinux in Frankfurt and still another 500 hours here down near Stuttgart. And the sun has come out. More please....
          Even better, the manager of the current contract asked to have a word with me in his office, and so I got a bit worried, as you do. Apparently they are well pleased with my work, even though I've never done this before, and he asked if I would like to continue there until at least next April. This time working on a brand new product for them, not bad. Along with that, I need to go to Florida for a couple of days to work on a performance problem with zLinux (but I think I'll try teleworking that one!)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X