• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the feck is paying for this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt
    Are you related to kyajae by any chance?
    Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Nope.
      Just wondering. Kinda stuff he usually comes up with.

Comment

By the way. I was in a forced marraige. If I didn't want to do anything, my now-ex missus would force me to do it (usually on the unspoken threat of fanny-rationing)

Comment

With one hand we open the door to other peoples culture, with the other we decry their traditions. What sort of mixed message is this?

It has cost us money to rescue this girl from a situation that is part of her tradition and religion. How many more are we going to rescue?

Comment

Why does this country have a whole department set up to handle forced marriages?
            Because we have a high population of people in this country who are effected by forced marriages.

If your main problem is that we have those funny looking foreigners daring to live in this country in the first place, then at least have the balls to be honest and just say that.

Yes, forced marriages wont effect you personally. Or me personally for that matter. But it's an issue which effects a large % of the ethnic population who live here. So what's the problem? Or are they not as deserving to the police's help as you?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

How many more are we going to rescue?
              All of them, hopefully.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                What a grumpy old b*stard you can be sometimes Churchy!!!

Come on man - it's a kid ffs! Can't you just be happy to have played a part in helping someone?

What about reading this story and thinking "jesus, I'm pleased I dont come from that world - we're all truly blessed in this country"? instead of getting your knickers in a twist about the 0.0000000001p that you've probably paid towards it.

Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  Because we have a high population of people in this country who are effected by forced marriages.

If your main problem is that we have those funny looking foreigners daring to live in this country in the first place, then at least have the balls to be honest and just say that.

Yes, forced marriages wont effect you personally. Or me personally for that matter. But it's an issue which effects a large % of the ethnic population who live here. So what's the problem? Or are they not as deserving to the police's help as you?
                  Don't put words in my mouth.

Why don't we educate people? Why don't we tell people that when they come to live in this country that we don't accept that "forced marriage" is an acceptable way of life?

Shut the stable door before the horse bolts!

Comment

The US has a large population of immigration from the sub-continent but no similar problems. This is because the immigrants allowed in were educated wealth creators in the first place.
                    Here by contrast the need in the 50s and 60s for unskilled labour in factories led to large numbers of poorly educated rural people to arrive, particularly in the North. It is in these populations that the problem occurs.
                    However once the decision has been made to allow this then we have to look after their British born children. It is likely that the problem will only last one generation anyway.
                    In Muslim communities though, it may be considerably longer.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Don't put words in my mouth.

Why don't we educate people? Why don't we tell people that when they come to live in this country that we don't accept that "forced marriage" is an acceptable way of life?

Shut the stable door before the horse bolts!
                      Forced marriages effect people who've lived here all their lives, who are as British as you or me - not just fresh faced immigrants. It's just something which has often gone on behind the scenes for years.

The government have only really became aware of it fairly recently for various reasons, mainly due to (like rape) not many people reporting it in the past or not feeling they'd get any support...plus obviously until support schemes are put in place, people aren't going to want to be ostrocised ( ) from their family. Where would they go?

More and more cases are being reported every year now, and thankfully progress is being made.

And it's still not even against the fecking law in this country, so as far as educating people go, I think we need to start there really.
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X