• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DisHonest Practice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fer feck's sake you lot,

that is a troll if ever I saw one

the contextual spelling mistakes were excellent

probably written by a bored agent for a laugh

Milan.

Comment

You've been a consultant for 17 years and never come across this.

What rot.

Troll.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Alright MF,

this lot haven't got a clue have they

feck's sake, kids today.

Milan.

Comment

Trolls just aint what they used to be Milan.

In my day Trolls lived under bridges and ate goats, but tell the kids that these days....
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We need an industry regulator funded through an agency levy. I have said it before and I will say it again.

I wonder why DA is so scared of regulation ...

Comment

Surely nobody who reads this board would deal with the Hoax-meisters and their ilk?

If you do, you only have yourselves to blame really.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                Trolls just aint what they used to be Milan.

In my day Trolls lived under bridges and ate goats, but tell the kids that these days....
                Well in my day, trolls would have cut their right arm off to have a bridge to live under ...

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
                  We need an industry regulator funded through an agency levy. I have said it before and I will say it again.

I wonder why DA is so scared of regulation ...
                  I am scared of regulation because the motives behind those in power who enact the laws to effect such regulation are never the same as those who are the vulmerable.

You may care to also consider regulating the behaviour and standards of contractors first before you begin on agencies.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    You may care to also consider regulating the behaviour and standards of contractors first before you begin on agencies.
                    Contractors are open to risk all the time.They risk being sued if they messup the systems or cause the client financial damages.

I second the idea of an agency regulator. Now who will bell the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                      Contractors are open to risk all the time.They risk being sued if they messup the systems or cause the client financial damages.

I second the idea of an agency regulator. Now who will bell the cat.
                      Contractors are never sued as far as I know. If you have any examples of where they have been sued then please enlighten me.

Contractors are a far greater risk to society than recruitment agents. The most that we can do is screw you lot (and HMgovt hates you anyway so you can sing for any protection) and piss off a few clients. Contractors on the other hand have the power to cause millions of pounds worth of damage and destroy peoples lives. As it is you are a group of potentially dangerous mavericks with no controls.

And why is it for a group of people who are so fiercely independent that if you dont like something you go wailing to the govt. You know perfectly well that like most things they get their hands on they screw up.

What is also interesting is that if you contractors were to put principle above self interest you would not yourselves deal with these sort of agencies.
                      Last edited by DodgyAgent; 26 April 2007, 09:15.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X