• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do Doctors ever stop winging...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6576079.stm

Just because you train as one doesnt mean the NHS is obliged to give you a job. Like the rest of us have to .... train as something the COMPETE to get the jobs.

Just becuase you're not guaranteed £100k p.a. dont come winging to me about it.
    It costs the taxpayer £250,000 to train each doctor, the latest proposal this year is to ship up to 10,000 young doctors who are unable to find jobs in the NHS overseas to do voluntary work
    10,000 x £250,000 =£2,500,000,000 of your money
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

A mate of mine spent the last few years studying physio, on an NHS subsidised course. When he entered the course there was a huge shortage of physios. Now less than 10% of the people he graduated with have found work because there are now no places for new graduates. People with 2-3 years experience are still in shortage and are brought in from overseas.

Comment

The NHS is a total disaster.

But the last few years the badness seems to have accelerated.

The problem here as far as I understand it is the trusts have "run out of budget" to pay for junior doctors, and various other things. My auntie is a midwife and they keep firing midwives because of "budget cutbacks", and then they just tell the rest to work harder.

So there is money to pay £10bn+ for a computer system which is never going to work, but no money to pay for the doctors, which the NHS actually needs.

Priorities a bit upside down I think.

The government really needs to step out from running hospitals. By all means I'm not saying we shouldn't have healthcare for the poor, but the actual running of the hospitals should be left to the free market.

Comment

Originally posted by perlnecklace
          I'm not saying we shouldn't have healthcare for the poor,
          I am ... let nature take its course and reduce their numbers
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
          X