• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The State of British Policing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    When my car was broken into I reported it and was given a CAD number. Not being well up on matters relating to insurance claims and police procedures I rang the next day to see when I could get a crime ref number. The guy literally shouted at me because he was 'doing the best he could with the staff (2) that he had' This dispite the fact I could hear him laughing and joking with his staff when he left the phone to check some details for 5 mins.

Then I got a call from the police who wanted me to list the things which were taken. A few days later I got a letter saying that the crime had been investigated but that there was little likelyhood of any positive outcome. This was the part which annoyed me. I wasn't expecting them to actually do anything, but implying that the copper taking down the details was an investigation is a joke. I would much rather they were honest and say that in circumstances as mine there was little they could do.

Not once did I meet a copper in this dispite the thief getting away with a largish haul from the boot of my car.
    When my car got broken into I got a letter a few days later telling me they had investigated the crime but nobody had been caught. The next day I got a telephone call asking what the number plate of my vehicle was?

And if that was not bad enough, when I pointed out to the police the CCTV camera across the road in the local Chav Palace they said they could not check it without special permission from the council! WTF is CCTV cameras for if not for taking nice pictures of criminals

PS. I'm being unnecassarily rude about Council estates by describing them as Chav Palaces but when the monstrosities emerging from them seem to have a speech impediement requiring sentences to be punctuated with f**k! c**t! and b*****d! it makes you wonder.

Comment

Car theft victims pay police £105 to investigate:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1654994.ece

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
      X