• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rip Off Britain (As Confirmed By Suralan)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishface
    That Brigette Jones one is gonna win - the ruddy faced one.
    Yep, she looks like she has something between her ears.

P.S. I'd do her, but only from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      On last night's Apprentice, I think his phrase was "make it for a penny and sell it for a pound". So an insightful confession from the horses mouth; I made my millions by screwing you lot. At £2.50 for a manky lollipop, no wonder.
      makes our 20% margins look a bit paltry. You miserable lot are always moaning about agency margins, just think of how exploited those poor lollipops must feel.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yeah that factory making 75% markups, from their free factory and free workforce, not to mention the free loans, plant hire, and overdraft.

75% pure profit
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          makes our 20% margins look a bit paltry. You miserable lot are always moaning about agency margins, just think of how exploited those poor lollipops must feel.

Agent's are naturally evil exploiters. If it wasn't for public health legislation, you lot would sell your own sh1t for a price.

Comment

I forgot to add

AND lollipops are a darn site more useful than contractors.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You cannot equate contractors with lolipops

contractors are suckers , lolipops are suckees

I think
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I liked the bit with the guy who sold them the sticks. They only come in boxes of 1000, and no splitting or discounts. He came over as a ******, but he is on a nice little earner. Only one lolly stick supplier in London.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                  I noticed they thrust sweets into the kids' hands - they asked the parents to pay. One protested in was unfair. If they tried that on me, I'd have shoved the sweets where the sun doesn't shine...

This happened to us years ago on holiday in Lanzarote. One of the beach sellers came up to us and gave our daughter a small toy (some sort of rattle). She was about 18 months at the time and thought it was great. He then came over to me and asked for money - about £5. I told him, he gave it to my daughter as a gift before asking for money so if he wants it back he can take it off her, but if he upsets her, he will pay the consequences. He did attempt to take it, but she started crying so I stepped towards him. He then offered to let her keep it and left quickly.

Comment

Why do you lot always think that if someone makes a profit they are ripping someone off - as I said before - everyone has a choice to pay a price for something and at the end of the day something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                      Why do you lot always think that if someone makes a profit they are ripping someone off - .
                      That is not true, they themselves are allowed to make fat profits without seeing themselves as ripping people off.

Comment

Working...
                      X