• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government rates.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the agent? Some really take the pi55 with newbie contractors.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm on the best rate I've ever had and I'm on a gov site the usual practice when bidding for gov work is actual cost x2... after all its only the tax payer footing the bill.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
        I'm on the best rate I've ever had and I'm on a gov site the usual practice when bidding for gov work is actual cost x2... after all its only the tax payer footing the bill.
        I would agree to the adding of a premium, as such work does your head in and really the client ought to pay if you can't watch and enjoy Coras when you get home.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You also have to remember that these public sector bodies will sit and moan about a contractor getting £5 per day more than they think they should get but will not bat an eye at employing the services of a consultant @ £1000 per day.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Seems to me you are being taken for a ride. I am currently on a Government contract and on more than that for less work!! The agent will be taking a nice cut of your money!!

Comment

I am still too green to this game. Got another shocker today. The agent offered 160 /day , but continued the discussion after I requested 260. ..

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                I am still too green to this game. Got another shocker today. The agent offered 160 /day , but continued the discussion after I requested 260. ..
                Quote us your skill set and experience, and we'll put you right.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

mct , mcse s/m , ccna , ccsa/e , 8 years exp.

Comment

Just out of interest do government contracts all fall inside IR35?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

my government rates are almost 2k the robbing barstewards
                      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Working...
                      X