• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The world is f**king mad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    2 kinds of people: those who don't like unfairness and oppression; and those who don't mind as long as they're on top.

I mind, because I have self-respect.
    I don't see much oppression in Spain just common sense.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
      I don't see much oppression in Spain just common sense.
      You don't see women in an unequal position?
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Please elaborate.
        Call the cops

Comment

If you mean I don't see women as fire-fighters or bricklayers then no, let’s be sensible comparing the UK with Spain is comparing extremes, something in the middle would be nice. Though I see the need for a degree of political correctness some people take it too far.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Spain certainly has a problem with inequality to women...

When I worked out there with a mixed group of English engineers - the spanish blokes in the office invited all the lads to come out drinking and ignored all the women..

When I asked them why the replies were the usual sexist nonsense - "they should be at home" "women don't belong in bars" etc etc

Still a great country though
            The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by ookook
              When I asked them why the replies were the usual sexist nonsense - "they should be at home" "women don't belong in bars" etc etc
              Sounds f**king ace!!
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                Sounds f**king ace!!
                Women shouldn't be in bars? You must be gay, you poncy queer.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Women shouldn't be in bars? You must be gay, you poncy queer.

I was thinking that like!!! What's wrong with blokes like that?

The only reasons blokes wouldn't want women in bars is: -
                  a) they feel inferior to them
                  b) they dont know how to talk to them

I think that says more about those blokes than the women in the bars eh?

tits.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

tits.

Exactly.
                    About the only place married women shouldn't be is in the Forces - not after the behaviour of that bint in Iran. Turns out she was thinking of her kid first (naturally enough) - but then don't go to somewhere you can be killed. Hard single women who don't mind dying are oK though - look at the Israeli army.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                      I was thinking that like!!! What's wrong with blokes like that?

The only reasons blokes wouldn't want women in bars is: -
                      a) they feel inferior to them
                      b) they dont know how to talk to them

tits.
                      Thought you'd take the bait. Took a little while longer than I anticipated though....
                      Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                      X