• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selfish bint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I think this is a difficult case
    Its an open and shut case. Being a man you have no rights - only fanancial obligations. These obligations can come via the court or CSA - I know of guys who had both.

If the courts put the rights of the child first instead of the rights of the woman, this man **might** have let her have the child.

For the sake of balance I would like to add that women are still largely more discrimated against then men. But if they want more rights in the workplace they will have to relinquish rights in the home.

Comment

Always been of two minds about this case and it's the laws relating to child support that ultimately make me side the with the man

While she herself might have waived any claims of financial support it is my understanding that the CSA could disregard this and force him to pay at anytime.

If this was not the case I would have sided with her

Though Dispensable raises the one question that I always end up asking, is it not possible to store the eggs unfertilised? If it is to me I would make more sence to always store them unfertilised as no one knows what might change in a relationship tomorrow never mind years down the road

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
        is it not possible to store the eggs unfertilised
        According to this morning's paper, yes but it wasn't widely available at the time.
        Even now there is less of a chance for unfertilised frozen eggs to form embryos than for fertilised ones to fully form, apparently.

Comment

Working...
        X