• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selfish bint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    It is very sad for her. Adoption is fine, but it isn't quite the same thing.
    Yes, that is so. I wonder if the bloke would have agreed if she waived her rights in terms of getting him to fund it etc? Or if that isn't something she is allowed to do without getting the law changed for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
      [..] He would have had a child who he would have no rights to see - just an obligation to fund.
      Exactly, and that's the main problem - If the woman could have signed an irrevocable agreement not to request or accept financial assistance from the guy at any time, and if the courts could be trusted to uphold it, I'd say perhaps he should have consented. But as the law and Government policy stands, what else could he do?

The same issue arises with lesbians, or infertile couples, with men being unwilling to be sperm donors for fear of future obligations. So what happens? The couples go off on holiday and the woman is impregnated, without any medical checks, by some thirld world peasant who might have all the diseases under the Sun.
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 10 April 2007, 15:57.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's the right decision, do women always consult the father before having an abortion?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by BOBJ
          Yes, that is so. I wonder if the bloke would have agreed if she waived her rights in terms of getting him to fund it etc? Or if that isn't something she is allowed to do without getting the law changed for everyone.
          She did, and I think that she meant it.

But it wouldn't have been worth anything if the CSA had got their teeth into the case.

tim

Comment

'Twas just on the radio...

It was a rainy night
            When he came into sight,
            Standing by the road,
            No umbrella, no coat.
            So I pulled up alongside
            And I offered him a ride.
            He accepted with a smile,
            So we drove for a while.
            I didnt ask him his name,
            This lonely boy in the rain.
            Fate, tell me its right,
            Is this love at first sight?
            Please dont make it wrong,
            Just stay for the night.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              It's the right decision, do women always consult the father before having an abortion?
              You're absolutely right to raise that point. I'd fight to the death for a woman's right to abort, regardless of whether a bloke wants the kid of not.
              In that situation, it must be heartbreaking for the bloke - but it's still up to the woman.

In this situation it's most definately the other way round, and he has every right to say no.

The fact that she has taken this to court, in my book, suggests she's a nut job. if you desperately wants kids, adopt. or find a new father. Dont try and force an ex into being a dad - that just screams manipulative controlling cow to me like.

Very good decision.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                It was a rainy night
                When he came into sight,
                Standing by the road,
                No umbrella, no coat.
                So I pulled up alongside
                And I offered him a ride.
                He accepted with a smile,
                So we drove for a while.
                I didnt ask him his name,
                This lonely boy in the rain.
                Fate, tell me its right,
                Is this love at first sight?
                Please dont make it wrong,
                Just stay for the night.
                My favourite kareoke song
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  You're absolutely right to raise that point. I'd fight to the death for a woman's right to abort, regardless of whether a bloke wants the kid of not.
                  In that situation, it must be heartbreaking for the bloke - but it's still up to the woman.
                  I agree strongly up to the 13 week point as its not really a child until then. After 13 weeks I consider it a child and dont agree with abortions except on medical terms.

But clearly the mothers view must carry more weight until the child can survive without her - alas the family courts seem to think this is 18 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    My favourite kareoke song
                    Mine is Caged Bird, Julia Fordham I have to sing it an octave or so lower, but I still get to show off my vocal range.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                      Mine is Caged Bird, Julia Fordham
                      I dont know that one - sing a bit...
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X