• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday violence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a well known fact that bullets are racist and only injure non-white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Nah man, like cuz da man bin dissin me, me mashim up, innit?
      I know I shouldn't bite, but any chance you can just **** off an troll somewhere else? This board is increasingly going to sh!t, and cretins like you play a massive part in it.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
        I know I shouldn't bite, but any chance you can just **** off an troll somewhere else? This board is increasingly going to sh!t, and cretins like you play a massive part in it.
        Thanks, snaw, that's the nicest thing anyone has said for a long time. Er, and the answer question is 'no'

KMA

Comment

Sometimes it's worth just asking, you never know when you'll get a nice surprise.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Sometimes it's worth just asking, you never know when you'll get a nice surprise.
            I don't do nice surprises. I'm not here to sooth the sensitivities of the EMUs on this board.

Comment

There's a media spotlight on it, so every case is highlighted which wouldn't necesarily happen in years gone by, but clearly there is a growing knife culture which needs to be stamped out.
              I'm with you and Cpt D on the media spotlight thing - and suspect that the media has a lot more to do with it than that.

If this gang/gun/knife culture is predominantly nurtured by young black males (I've worked with the Police and community safety agencies before - and 80% of this kind of crime was committed by 14-19 yr old black males - in a predominantly white area - statistics the local authority wouldn't release), the question has to be why. Why this particular demographic?

It doesn't take much digging to see the role models they have in the media. Even a casual glance through the music channels shows footage glorifying violent gang culture, and ghetto style. It's as if the media is unwittingly encouraging this behaviour by pandering to this sub-culture for sales.

Youth from all backgrounds are being increasingly swept up in this due to peer pressure. I think most of these lads carry weapons as a fashion statement, and use them to be seen as 'serious' about their lifestyle choice - proving their credentials to their peers.

Comment

...and let's not forget the WHITE man who's just been charged with the murder of a female in the same area.....not to mention the WHITE guy who murdered his young son last week. Then there's the terrible knife-crime epedemic in Glasgow....all of the victims and perpetrators featured in an article were white.

Maybe they're 'celebrating their culture'.

We can all be selective when we have an agenda.

Comment

[QUOTE]It doesn't take much digging to see the role models they have in the media. Even a casual glance through the music channels shows footage glorifying violent gang culture, and ghetto style. It's as if the media is unwittingly encouraging this behaviour by pandering to this sub-culture for sales.QUOTE]

And where does most of this rap gangsta sh1te arrive from into these kids homes?

Thank you Rupert Murdoch

Comment

Originally posted by larry
                    ...and let's not forget the WHITE man who's just been charged with the murder of a female in the same area.....not to mention the WHITE guy who murdered his young son last week. Then there's the terrible knife-crime epedemic in Glasgow....all of the victims and perpetrators featured in an article were white.

Maybe they're 'celebrating their culture'.

We can all be selective when we have an agenda.
                    I'm trying to be colourblind here guys - let's not let this thread descend into another tit for tat race debacle.

I think it's more of a sub-culture issue.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Who topped himself last night to save us the expense of trying him...

Sorted.
                      It was the only decent thing to do. All murderers should have the same decency.

Comment

Working...
                      X