• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Iran humilated Britain...??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderwaif
    Yes but you seem to have gone from 'Iran has done nothing wrong' to 'two wrongs make a right'
    And you seem to be assuming that I think it's wrong...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
      And you seem to be assuming that I think it's wrong...
      No. I'm assuming you are having a laugh.
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
        Presumably, having apologised over and again for invading Iranian waters, these 15 service personnel will now be court martialled for causing an international incident?

Nope, they'll all leave the services with a big fat payoff due to stress!

Comment

I thought our plan went particularly well, mission accomplished.

Don't you guys ever watch "murder she wrote"? Cui bono?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            I don't blame people for saying what is required under duress but supposedly there was no duress so why did they fall over themselves with admissions and apologies? I suspect it was a case of "say this or you won't see your families for 20 years" Uncivilised behaviour. If there really was no duress most will be thinking, if these wimps are our armed forces, heaven help us.
            You know what was really interesting about those three letters that were released...they all used exactly the same phrases when referring to the Iranians and how lovely they are.

Mailman

Comment

anyone else think that a good tailor would clean up in Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by lexington_spurs
                anyone else think that a good tailor would clean up in Iran?
                And a packet of Gillet razors.
                Last edited by Ivor1; 5 April 2007, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth

PS I am off to get myself captured by Iranians I could do with a new suit.

btw: congratulation on your retirements - I can't wait till I do

Comment

It does appear that the Iranians have rather made a fool out of Blair - with the background of an impending US airstrike on Iran, Blair is under pressure form the US neocons to hitch the Uk wagon to the War on Iran - given the current anti-Iraq War sentiment in the UK - that is not an easy task.

Not forgetting that Jack Straw was dismissed by Blair following complaints by Washington after he mentioned that an attack upon Iran was inconceivable.

Hence Blairs bluster - which was completely undermined by Irans decision to gift the hostages back - a diplomatic masterstroke.

I note today Blair is still desperate to stir the UK publics opinion against Iran by dint of his accusaion that the four UK soldiers tragically killed in Iraq was someone the work of Iran - and made the accusation depsite not having a shred of evidence.

To be fair - he did say its too early to say for sure - but he is going to make the accusation anyway - rather than face the core question of what on earth the UK troops are still doing in Iraq.

Not that having any evidence to support his War Drums has ever been a problem before - the WMD fiasco springs to mind - yet I suspect the British public distrusts him so much now that he really has no crediblity whatever he blusters.

Back on thread - I would venture that by Blairs botched efforts it is Blair rather than Britain - whom has really humiliated himself with his shoddy attempt to foester hatred to justify yet another millitary venture.

Finally its great to see the sailors back home - where they belong - safe and sound.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 April 2007, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                      It does appear that the Iranians have rather made a fool out of Blair -
                      Sounds like you are calling for military action to be taken against them eye-ranian upstarts!

Hmmmm, for a second there I thought you were making Nev Chamberlain look like a street fighter! But no...you actually do have a spine!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X