• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

intersting take on Gordo's budget changes..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    I've never been to Ninian Park. Isn't that where someone fired a marine rocket across the ground which hit someone in the opposite stand?

I saw Cardiff once at Notts County, many years ago. All I remember is that they had a bloke called Derek Showers playing up front. One of my favourite footballer names that, like Alan Wardrobe.
    Alan Wardrobe? Is this a made up name? Google doesn't return anything.

"Baldy" Pevsner is my hero.
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      I've never been to Ninian Park. Isn't that where someone fired a marine rocket across the ground which hit someone in the opposite stand?

I saw Cardiff once at Notts County, many years ago. All I remember is that they had a bloke called Derek Showers playing up front. One of my favourite footballer names that, like Alan Wardrobe.
      No that was at the Millenium Stadium, although Cardiff had a "reputation" in the past which has changed - it's very much a family day out now - although as with all clubs [ like millwll ] it's difficult to change perceptions.

Ask anybody who's come to Cardiff either to Ninian or the Mill Stad for a play-off or cup final and you'll usually hear that they enjoy their visit without any problems.

Derek Showers was a good player, Robin Friday was my favorite - thats him in the avatar - he was once getting a load of skick from a luton goalie, so he took the ball rounded him and gave him the V sign [ again see avatar ]
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer

I remember Alan Warboys...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer

I can't find it either - maybe his name wasn't Alan. Trouble is, I don't know what to search for. I think he played for a northern team. On the other hand, maybe I imagined the whole thing!

Comment

How does the difference between 19% and 22% make 16%

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
              How does the difference between 19% and 22% make 16%
              3% is 16% of 19%.

While you're here, have you ever heard of a footballer called Wardrobe? I don't mean that big bloke at Fulham.

Comment

Can't say I have. In fact I've never heard of anyone called wardrobe. It's an odd name yes?

Comment

Working...
                X